When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
We’re looking for a talented individual to join our Operations department to support the finance administration of for our growing Rider Fleet.
- Calculating the monthly payroll for the Deliveroo rider fleet and submitting salaries via internal systems / procedures.
- Calculating the monthly payroll for subcontractors and submitting time-sheets for review.
- Collating and processing all invoices for subcontractors.
- Calculating rider bonuses and tips on a bi-monthly basis.
- Adhering to strict payment timelines and informing management of any potential conflicts with payment timelines.
- Updating payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage and deductions.
- Preparing reports by compiling summaries of earnings, deductions, leave, sick pay and bonuses.
- Balancing the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Responding to all payroll enquiries regularly via all communication channels, including in person.
- Providing payroll information by answering questions and requests from relevant team members.
- Numerate degree from a good university (that said, we will consider equivalent professional and life experience).
- Min. 1-2 years of UAE experience, working with company payroll, data entry and payroll reporting.
- Experience of working with complex teams and people from a variety of backgrounds / nationalities.
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Driven and confident personality, who can keep a cool head in a crisis.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a willingness to get your hands dirty.
- Strong ability with Microsoft Office, especially Excel, or Google equivalents, and a keen eye for data.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
- Free food and LOTS of it
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Annual Return Flight to your home country
- 24 days holiday
- Subsidised gym membership
- An extremely fun team to work alongside!
- Abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global universities
- The opportunity to grow within a fast paced progressive organisation.
- Team Thursday lunches from our amazing restaurant partners and regular tasting sessions.