When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
The Campaign Manager will be responsible for bringing local marketing campaigns to life on owned channels, liaising with international teams, and owning partnerships in the UAE. You’ll be managing performance, partnerships, comms, CRM and subscription programs across UAE. You will develop the strategies related to these functions. You will work closely with marketing and commercial teams to execute these plans and ensure Deliveroo remains synonymous with UAE’s best loved food.
This position will report directly to the Head of Marketing.
What you will be doing?
- Lead development and execution of brand campaigns across paid, owned & earned channels - from bespoke campaigns to drive growth with particular demographics.
- Work cross functionally with internal stakeholders including PR team, partnerships, and CRM to develop integrated campaigns with clear and consistent objectives, messaging and CTAs across touchpoints.
- Be responsible for measuring and monitoring the impact and effectiveness of campaigns, report back to the business on results and recommendations for improvements.
- Delivering revenue via the sale of brand activations and marketing campaigns to 3rd party companies, utilising Deliveroo owned channels and access to consumers.
- Build and manage a pipeline of partners who may be interested in investing marketing budget into Deliveroo.
- Work out new and interesting ways to offer marketing solutions to partners that will help secure investment. Iterate propositions based on feedback.
- Create positive relationships with stakeholders (internal / external) and deliver on agreed objectives. You’ll be guarding the UAE Consumer Partnerships strategy and work closely with in-country teams to optimize impact and ensure we’re maximizing opportunities to generate revenue.
- You measure the impact of the campaigns you set up and document results in the relevant sheets. Based on analysis and learnings you try to replicate successful models across the APAC markets.
- Be involved in refining and executing the customer relationship strategy to increase our customer base
- 3-5 years marketing or agency experience running successful campaigns, CRM experience is a plus
- A self-starter attitude that’s comfortable with constant change
- A proactive can-do attitude, full of great ideas and able to get stuff done autonomously
- Ability to influence and manage multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Significant commercial awareness and ability to quickly differentiate most impactful tasks/projects
- Commercially driven with confidence to pitch to both internal and external stakeholders
- A creative problem solver who can think things through analytically - MUST be used to using data to drive decisions
- Proven ability to think strategically with an understanding of long-term business vision balanced with short-term realism
- Proven track record in making things happen - delivering results quickly and efficiently
- High affinity for the food sector, an understanding of customer segmentation and insight into current food trends
- Must have UAE drivers license and access to vehicle that can be used for work
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.