Job Title: Senior Experience Manager - Content, Research & Design
Location: Cannon Street, London
Before Deliveroo, it was almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in London. Fast-forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time.
The Content, Research & Design team defines how our customers, riders, restaurants and employees interact with Deliveroo’s products and services. Based in London, our team has a global impact, with our work reaching customers in Singapore, riders in Amsterdam and restaurant kitchens in Paris.
Our Experience Managers build environments for people to do effective work. With the support of dedicated discipline leads, they develop and recruit teams of hardworking designers, with a clear sense of identity, purpose and passion to deliver impactful work at scale.
You will manage a team of content designers, user researchers and product designers working on some of the most interesting and relatable product challenges in the company. Reporting into the VP of Experience, you will be a definitive member your product groups leadership team, alongside your colleagues in Product Management, Engineering and Data Science and play a key role in the company’s ongoing success.
On a day to day basis, you will:
- Recruit, build and develop an extraordinary content, research & design team
- Craft product vision, strategy and execution together with your team and partners from across the company; such as Engineering, Product Management, Commercial and Operations
- Guide your team in identifying and solving product problems large and small, ensuring our disciplines work seamlessly together
- Work alongside our content design, user research and product design discipline leads in developing your team and ensuring a high bar of execution
- Help your team operate in an ever-changing, global environment by setting context, being the voice for our users and clearing the path for them to have impact
- Drive and support cross-team initiatives that make the Content, Research & Design practice at Deliveroo better by improving our hiring process, growing our community presence, building team infrastructure and much more
- Have several years’ experience working in a fast-moving, international environment solving problems at scale
- Bring proven experience building and leading high-performing user research, product design or content design teams consisting of at least 5 people
- Have a track record establishing great relationships and working with other disciplines, such as product management and engineering
- Be an excellent communicator - whether it’s about people or product, you bring a positive energy into any conversation you’re in and are able to get those around you excited around a shared purpose
- Be a thoughtful, empathetic, humble mentor and coach. You care about your colleagues, helping them overcome challenges, and helping nurture the future leaders of the design organisation.
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
Deliveroo is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. We will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. All you need is a real passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.