Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We are the leading food delivery company in 200+ cities in 14 countries, and are growing fast. We are backed by $1 billion in capital from top global investors. We solve complex problems at Deliveroo: in real time, we connect millions of customers with over 50,000 restaurants and riders to deliver food in under 30 minutes. And we constantly innovate: whether it means investing in bespoke super-kitchens to host our restaurant partners in new areas they wouldn’t venture into, launching a marketplace+ model to allow restaurant partners to use their own fleet of riders or Deliveroo’s fleet, or setting up a food purchasing ecosystem to allow our partners to leverage purchasing scale. And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast paced and determined to build the definitive good company of the future.
Job Title: Business Strategy Lead, APAC
Location: Cannon Street, London
Closing Date: 02 May 2019
The Business Strategy Lead for APAC will be responsible for the development and implementation of key projects across the region, reporting directly to the Managing Director of APAC. The role is a mix between internal strategy consultant, senior analyst, and project manager. The ideal candidate is an executor with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, detail oriented with a healthy dose of creativity. True passion for our business and excellent communication and stakeholder management skills are a must. We like to move fast, and so should you.
- Support the Managing Director of APAC in the day-to-day running of the business and with longer-term strategic projects E.g. ensuring strong business performance across the region, participating in resource allocation decisions and ensuring P&L adherence, reporting on key metrics, proactively identifying issues before they become problems, liaising with key stakeholders, quarterly forecasting/budgeting, etc.
- Oversee the implementation of key projects across the region, working either autonomously or hand-in-hand with local teams and/or HQ (incl. setting clear and measurable objectives, determining key milestones, ensuring unambiguous ownership and stakeholder buy-in, and most importantly achieve results quickly).
- Own and perform complex analysis to identify and eradicate the root causes of certain business problems across different areas of the organization, present findings to senior management and help translate into actionable plans.
- Work cross-functionally with a wide spectrum of diverse stakeholders, ranging from entry-level all the way to C-level.
- Become a subject-matter expert on the fundamental market dynamics across the region and be able to translate this knowledge into better decision-making across the org.
- Foster collaboration throughout the organization, understanding the benefits and importance of strong central/local collaboration.
- Make smart decisions based on data and facts, and be resourceful about procuring the right data points from our internal systems and external stakeholders.
- Pedigree education with 5+ years of professional experience within consumer business strategy.
- Deeply analytical - embraces a data-driven approach to problems, pointing to the right metrics and numbers to back-up decision making.
- Minimum 1 year experience using business driving technology solutions (i.e. Nielsen, BW, Source) and internal/external industry insights and trends.
- Experience working in a fast-moving consumer tech environment is a plus.
- Natural high intellect and quickness of thought to understand and dissect complex problems.
- Strong track-record of hitting targets and exceeding business expectations. Comfortable with high-pressure situations, tight deadlines, and quickly evolving business priorities.
- Team management experience is a plus.
- Detail oriented & determined with a hands-on mentality.
- Organized and concise, with a personal resilience to tackle challenges and opportunities relentlessly.
- Resourceful, open minded, entrepreneurial.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, down to earth and fun to work with.
- This role is based in London, travel to APAC/Middle East will be required.