When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Reporting to the Operations Support + Engagement Manager, your role is to lead the rider brand proposition and content strategy for Deliveroo’s Australian business. This will involve the creation of engaging and effective campaigns and top notch copy to enhance the rider experience in Australia. You will be challenged to think ‘outside of the box’ in order to drive engagement through Deliveroo’s digital channels and help channel the rider voice through all of our digital interactions.
Deliveroo is operating at the forefront of the future ways of working, and the riders who choose to partner with us are paramount to this. The Content Specialist will play a pivotal role in shaping the rider experience and ensuring that rider needs are at the core of our ‘rider engagement strategy’. As such, you will have the opportunity to work closely with Corporate Affairs, Marketing, Commercial and PR to drive the ultimate working experience in this new economy.
- Communication and content planning - mapping and executing our digital content strategy for Australia. Ensuring that we are developing content plans to land the best message through the right channels with our national rider fleet.
- Rider engagement analysis - using data to constantly iterate and test our approach / results across all digital channels
- Rider brand and image - overseeing and streamlining all rider communications to ensure all content is on-brand and consistent in terms of tone, style, quality and message
- Team building and management - help mentor and grow the associates within the Rider Engagement team
- Copy and comms - producing well-written copy for reactive and proactive rider campaigns, whether that be general intel regarding product updates or long term campaigns to drive certain results across our operations
- Partnership management - working with the Engagement Manager to maximise the value we get from our sponsorships and brand partnerships
- Lead and influence - form strong relationships with our Support Associates and Engagement Associate to ensure ongoing digital compliance and content accuracy
- 1-3 years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – you need to be able to deliver messages and explain concepts clearly and succinctly to a diverse audience
- Comprehensive copywriting experience including, but not limited to, writing copy optimised by the specific digital channel, crisis management copy + responses, copy for marketing campaigns and educational content
- CRM Experience and Management
- Experience with a range of digital and social media platforms and proven ability to use digital and social media as effective communications tool
- Exhibit a high degree of creativity to design and execute campaigns that appeal to riders
- A self-starter attitude that’s comfortable with constant change
- A creative problem solver who can think things through analytically
- Experience working with a content strategy and content calendar/grid
- Proven track record in making things happen - delivering results quickly and efficiently
- A proactive can-do attitude, full of great ideas and able to get stuff done autonomously
- Significant commercial awareness and ability to quickly differentiate most impactful tasks/projects
- Ability to influence and manage multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Perseverance and grit – you’re a hustler and you’re not afraid
- Multitasker - able to work with multiple projects at once and prioritise your time effectively
- Attention to detail - top-notch grammatically correct copy is what you thrive on and you always ensure that you put forward your best work to your audience
- Creative thinker - you are able to think outside the box and bring forward innovative ideas
- Curiosity – you’re a lifelong learner who is always striving to be outside of your comfort zone and test new ideas
- People person – you have bags of emotional intelligence which can be used to win round even the toughest of people
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Training throughout your time at Deliveroo to ensure continued development and management of your role
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- BIG Friday lunches – Deliveroo'd to the office of course!
- Weekly Exercise class to counteract all the amazing food!
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.