When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
You'll be the face of Deliveroo for restaurants in the process of partnering with us. This will include helping them to get set up and handling any issues they have around launch.
You’ll work cross-functionally with our Sales, Production and Account Management team to ensure our new restaurants can seamlessly transition into their partnership with Deliveroo.
You'll liaise with restaurants across both telephone and email, to ensure they're best placed to benefit from their partnership with Deliveroo.
- Proactively liaise with Restaurants, investigating and resolving restaurant issues in a timely manner
- Restaurant Training including install of Deliveroo tablets at partner sites
- Organising Restaurant Equipment
- Identify and remedy any operational issues
- Maintaining and growing relationships between Deliveroo and its partners
- Monitoring, reporting and improvement of operational performance of our Partners
- Collaborative problem solving with many different stakeholders in the business:, Account management, Driver operations, Customer Service etc
- Restaurant Operations Data Analysis & Reporting
- Liaising with the Operations team and drivers on live and past orders
- Documenting delayed orders or unusual occurrences and flagging with AMs
- Troubleshooting and Tech Replacements
- Deliver training to riders on Restaurant procedure
- Follow up training with restaurants & riders
- Highly organised, with a detail orientated mindset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take ownership and work within demanding targets
- Experience in account management or customer service desirable
- Emotional intelligence An interest in all things food and restaurants. Deliveroo is a company of people unapologetically passionate about what they do – if you’re not into food, you soon will be.
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- BIG Friday lunches – Deliveroo'd to the office of course!
- Weekly Exercise class to counteract all the amazing food!
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.