When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
We are looking for a Restaurants & Promotions Senior Manager who will be responsible for ensuring that we showcase our great selection of restaurants in our marketing, and work in partnership with them to maximise awareness of Deliveroo where relevant in theirs. Work collaboratively with our some of the AU's largest chain restaurants, as well as our best loved restaurants, to strategically create join marketing plans, project manage multi-restaurant promotions, and be the expert on the features and developments of our the Deliveroo app.
- Maintain brilliant partnerships: Work closely with the Head of Marketing and the Head of National Restaurant Partnerships to build and maintain relationships with some of our largest restaurants. Take an active lead in collaborating with restaurants to build detailed 360 annual plans across ATL, promotions, and targeted comms, championing Deliveroo strategy. Be the point person to project manage the execution of these.
- Multi-restaurant campaigns: Be the owner of multi-restaurant promotion strategy and activation (one-off and always on) managing creative development, channel execution and restaurant sign up in conjunction with our creative studio.
- Making marketing more accessible: Work closely with the commercial and product team to understand how we can create different marketing features on the app,), demonstrate the value of these through test-and-learn, and make these available for restaurants to take advantage of.
- Working cross functionality - Work closely with the growth and product to understand latest features available to restaurants to drive volume. Work with brand and insights team to understand what is going to land with consumers locally. Working closely with the global team, sharing campaigns and best practices.
What you will need:
- 6+ years marketing experience running successful insight led marketing campaigns
- Detail-oriented executor. You're skilled at planning, organising, prioritising and executing simultaneous projects and activities at once. You can prioritise high impact activities and keep complicated projects moving forward.
- A self-starter attitude who’s comfortable with constant change and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Display high levels of analytical horsepower: being numbers driven is key as you will be managing budgets, you should be comfortable working with P&L’s.
- Proven track record in making things happen - delivering results quickly and efficiently.
- A creative problem solver who can think things through analytically.
- A proactive, can-do attitude, full of great ideas and able to get stuff done autonomously.
- Great communication skills with a passion for building strong relationships.
- Experience working with restaurant chains or in FMCG preferred but not essential
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- BIG Friday lunches – Deliveroo'd to the office of course!
- Weekly Exercise class to counteract all the amazing food!
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.