When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
The recruitment team has played a huge part in Deliveroo’s story so far and is key to the company’s future success. We're responsible for supporting the business globally by owning the recruitment process of key hires and constantly improving our assessment approach. We're a team consisting of about 28 people, spread across the UK, Europe and APAC, whilst you'll be the 1st Recruitment Co-ordinator in our ever growing UAE team.
This role will be working with the Middle East organisation which has ambitious growth plans in 2019! You’ll be the main point of contact for Middle East recruitment and will be working closely with candidates, the people team and hiring management to support the recruitment process. Your responsibilities will include screening candidates, scheduling interviews, generating offers new starters, organising travel as well as tracking interviewer load, interviewer onboarding, arranging debriefs and managing our applicant tracking system.
- 1-3 years in a similar role (internal or consultancy)
- Not essential but ATS experience is ideal (Greenhouse)
- Ability to prioritise across multiple tasks with a focus on time and expectation management and to take a self starting approach to your day
- Strong communication skills as you’ll be working closely with our candidates to give them a great experience and to create a seamless recruitment process for our hiring managers/interviewers
- We’re looking for someone proactive in suggesting and implementing process improvements both in the recruitment team and the hiring process as well as owning projects as we look to iterate and improve hiring at Deliveroo
- Remarkable attention to detail with a desire to complete tasks and follow up to make sure everything runs smoothly
- There's so much to do and we want someone who is committed to growing their own career, taking responsibility for their own development in the role and finding new projects or processes to involve themselves in.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a small team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
- Free food and LOTS of it
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Annual Return Flight
- Subsidised gym membership
- An extremely fun team to work alongside!
- Abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global universities
- The opportunity to grow within a fast paced progressive organisation.
- Team Thursday lunches from our amazing restaurant partners and regular tasting sessions.