When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
We’re looking for a talented individual to join our Operations department. This team is responsible for ensuring a seamless delivery service is provided from start to finish:
- Working closely with Deliveroo HQ and local suppliers to procure the correct gear and equipment for our riders.
- Sourcing gear and equipment from multiple sources at competitive prices.
- Distributing gear and equipment to new and existing riders
- Setting up vendors/suppliers inside internal company software.
- Raising purchase orders for gear and equipment in a timely manner.
- The management of all gear and equipment, ensuring supply levels meet business requirements.
- Management of the warehouse space where gear is stored
- The management and timely maintenance of our entire Deliveroo motorcycle fleet.
- Preparing reports by compiling summaries of gear and equipment levels, outstanding and pending purchase orders.
- Adhering to strict gear and equipment supply timelines.
- Maintaining procurement information by designing new and efficient systems.
- Updating gear and equipment records by reviewing and approving changes in fees, inventory levels & vendors.
- Completing and reporting on monthly inventory levels back to Deliveroo HQ
- Responding to all procurement enquiries regularly via all communication channels, including in person.
- Providing procurement information by answering questions and requests from relevant team members.
- Collecting and actioning feedback from riders with regards to gear and equipment.
- Maintaining procurement and supply guidelines by writing and updating scalable policies and procedures.
- Numerate degree from a good university (that said, we will consider equivalent professional and life experience).
- Min. 1-2 years of UAE experience, working with company procurement, stock management and reporting.
- Experience of working with complex teams and people from a variety of backgrounds / nationalities.
- Exceptional management skills and a keen eye for business metrics.
- Robust negotiation skills
- Fluent written and spoken English. Urdu & Hindi Language is also a bonus.
- Driven and confident personality, who executes with speed.
- Creative mindset with an openness to implement a variety of solutions.
- Effective communicator who is an attentive listener.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Excel, or Google equivalents, and a keen eye for data.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
- Free food and LOTS of it
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Annual Return Flight
- Subsidised gym membership
- An extremely fun team to work alongside!
- Abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global universities
- The opportunity to grow within a fast paced progressive organisation.
- Team Thursday lunches from our amazing restaurant partners and regular tasting sessions.