When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started...
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Reporting to our Head of Account Management, in this role you will demonstrate an unwavering commitment to service excellence, always improve the Deliveroo experience by removing sources of dissatisfaction and ensuring our partners leave your conversation satisfied. You will be involved in and oversee getting new restaurant partners ready to deliver orders and continue to increase restaurant ops efficiency.
- Lead a team of 5-7 onboarding associates and tech riders
- Collaborative problem solving with many different stakeholders in the business:, Account management, Driver operations, Customer Service etc
- Restaurant Operations Data Analysis & Reporting
- Proactively liaise with Restaurants, investigating and resolving restaurant issues in a timely manner
- Documenting delayed orders or unusual occurrences and flagging with AMs
- Troubleshooting and Tech Replacements
- Coordinating Restaurant Equipment
- Restaurant Training including installs
- Rider training on Restaurant procedure
- Follow up training with restaurants & riders
- Maintaining and growing relationships between Deliveroo and its partners
- Identify causes of operational issues as well as symptoms, diagnosis and cure
- Monitoring, reporting and improvement of operational performance of our Partners
- Liaising with the Operations team and drivers on live and past orders
- Free food and LOTS of it
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Annual Return Flight
- Subsidised gym membership
- An extremely fun team to work alongside!
- Abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global universities
- The opportunity to grow within a fast paced progressive organisation.
- Team Thursday lunches from our amazing restaurant partners and regular tasting sessions.