When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
We are looking for a Business Operations and Strategy Support Executive to join our team based in our Dubai office. The primary role of the Business Operations & Strategy Support is to strategically implement processes and projects within the commercial team. We are therefore looking for a passionate person to ensure long-term success with our partners.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Data analyses and deep-dives to support the commercial strategy and sales teams’ performance
- Data analyses and deep-dives to support the growth strategy and marketing team performance
- Creation, roll out & ownership of processes and tools to improve internal efficiency
- Being the link between HQ and the local teams, which involves strong exposure on new projects initiation and new product developments
- Collaboration with the local ops, commercial and marketing teams to support ongoing initiatives
- Being the point of contact for the use of internal tools including, but not limited to, looker, salesforce, Deliveroo platform and DocuSign
The ideal candidate is highly analytical, with a strong set of organizational and communication skills.
You should also be:
- Interested in food, restaurants and tech start-ups
- A driven, hard-working and proactive individual able to work in a fast paced environment and to meet tight deadlines
- A curious, problem solving lover able to bring innovative ideas and solutions
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way
- Detail-oriented and able to maintain a high level of accuracy in performing all essential duties
- Proficient in Excel, Google software and ideally Salesforce
- Previous work with commercial teams is a plus
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
- Free food and LOTS of it
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Annual Return Flight
- Subsidised gym membership
- An extremely fun team to work alongside!
- Abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global universities
- The opportunity to grow within a fast paced progressive organisation.
- Team Thursday lunches from our amazing restaurant partners and regular tasting sessions.