When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
The APAC Creative Operations Manager will be responsible for the successful delivery of creative projects within Deliveroo's APAC creative team. They will focus on developing clear, strategic plans to execute projects with internal and external stakeholders end to end. This is also a unique opportunity to serve as a key lead in the operational set-up for our creative projects and long-term hub in APAC, sitting in the center of the regional marketing teams, HQ creative studio and channel teams (performance, CRM, etc). Experience in creative studio and design strategy is preferred, along with experience in marketing at a growing tech scaleup.
The core scope of the role will be focused on stakeholder management and project delivery across marketing, creative studio and external stakeholders to support key marketing initiatives that drive growth. This will include project briefing, developing critical timepaths and adhering to project timelines, agile project management, engaging relevant business units and reporting progress to internal and external teams. The role will also delve into additional areas of creative studio operations and traffic management, workflows and resourcing.
Key to this role will be the ability to plan, mitigate risks early, and solve roadblocks efficiently for the team.
The position will be based in Melbourne and will have support from the HQ creative studio and marketing operations teams in London, United Kingdom.
We are looking for a strong team player with high levels of commitment, enthusiasm and adaptability.
The role will involve:
- Ensure timely delivery of creative campaigns and projects for the APAC region. You will play a fundamental part in driving forward Deliveroo’s creative agenda; including development of new projects as well as management of existing.
- Work with the global Deliveroo studio team to align resources and gain required support to ensure ensure delivery of key projects and effective management of their components.
- The role will be required to liaise with specialists across the business to gather resources, understand processes, timelines, delivery requirements and potential roadblocks or risks.
- Be the point guard for project progress reports to the internal business and keep stakeholders regularly updated as projects advance.
- Ensure learnings and recommendations for improvement are communicated to all relevant stakeholders during and post project delivery.
- 2+ years experience working across creative project management and, ideally, creative studio workflows
- Willing to be based in Melbourne, Australia
- Creative thinker who can mitigate risks early and solve roadblocks with agility
- Experience in creative studio, design strategy, marketing at a growing tech scaleup - preferred
- A strong ability to be able to prioritise and time manage
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- A varied background including print, packaging, experiential and digital
- Excellent attention to detail
- A self-starter with a proactive can-do attitude, comfortable with constant change
- Proven track record in making things happen - delivering results quickly and efficiently
- Able to work and deliver results autonomously
- An overall great communicator with an enthusiastic team spirit
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- BIG Friday lunches – Deliveroo'd to the office of course!
- Weekly Exercise class to counteract all the amazing food!
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.