When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
We’re looking for a S Marketing Manager to support the APAC marketing team with small and large scale projects. This newly formed role will work closely with local teams, PR, channel leads, our external agencies & creative studio to deliver best in class media strategy and campaigns that deliver against our goals. This role reports to the APAC Regional Lead and is based in London.
A successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial analyst. S/He will have a passion for the numbers and have a natural ability to use data to solve business problems. S/he will be a self starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail.
Responsible for analysing APAC marketing performance and identifying new opportunities for growth. Track and share business growth indicators, recognising trends, troubleshooting issues and exploring new growth areas.
- Be the point-person on day to day growth, working cross-functionally to identify and uncover trends in growth. Provide insightful, high-quality analysis to support decision making in the context of wider business implications
- Partnering with the APAC marketing team to review and support delivery of the overall marketing strategy. Evaluate large regional marketing campaigns such as mass-comms campaigns or a promotions. Make recommendations about future improvements and promote results sharing across markets and regions.
- Budget Management: work with commercial and marketing finance teams to track regional marketing spend and project any potential issues.
- Challenge the status quo: Help influence a high-performance culture by challenging critical business assumptions with analysis.
- 5+ years commercial experience in an analytical or strategic role
- Experience drawing raw data, creating dashboards and most importantly, making recommendations.
- Good excel skills, SQL a plus.
- Excellent commercial acumen - an analytical problem solver with the ability to effectively articulate findings to stakeholders at various levels
- A self-starter attitude that’s comfortable with constant change and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven track record in making things happen - delivering results quickly and efficiently.
- A creative problem solver who can think things through analytically.
- A proactive, can-do attitude, full of great ideas and able to get stuff done autonomously.
- Great communication skills with a passion for building strong relationships
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.