When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 14 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
The Team & Role
We’d like to speak to recruiters looking for a role where they can hire the best tech talent in the world as well as redefining and shaping all aspects of the hiring process. The Tech Recruitment team is organised into a number of smaller teams which focus on hiring for specific disciplines within Tech. These pods include:
- Software Engineering
- Product Management
- Content, Research & Product Design
- Data Science
Our team is growing so there are currently opportunities within each of these areas.
- Hiring. A lot. You’ll be sourcing, interviewing, closing and onboarding candidates to the highest bar
- Be the owner of the entire end-to-end process from start to finish
- You’ll look at every aspect of recruitment in your area and be able to drive meaningful changes in our approach
- You’re not only here to advise hiring managers and interviewers on interview processes and best-practices, you’re also enjoy to coach them towards the best outcome
- Employer Brand. You'll work to develop our brand in the tech industry, partnering with your hiring teams to promote some of the great work we're doing
- Previous full cycle recruitment recruitment experience is essential, either internally or within an agency. The recruitment team doesn’t work with agencies so you should have experience directly filling the majority of your roles
- A solid understanding of disciplines within technology teams with an ability to think differently about sourcing and how to engage with technical talent in the market
- Experience in running events and attracting relevant tech groups to our space
- Strong people skills, you believe in the power of communication and focus on building relationships long term
- You thrive in an environment of unrelenting pace. The ability to multitask, juggle a bunch of stuff at once but also, somehow manage to be super organised at the same time is key here
Life at Deliveroo
We are a small team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.