When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
The Local Marketing Manager will be responsible for ensuring the Deliveroo Australia vision is localised appropriately for local and regional, to ensure we become the most known and most relevant brand to customers around Australia.
You will be the expert on our 120+ zones, being the voice of the zones to the broader team.
The role involves but not limited to:
- Growth Business Owner - working closely with Head of Marketing and relevant regional counterparts in commercial & operations to develop specific marketing growth plans including recommendations to support existing and new markets
- City Segmentation & Framework - responsible for the development & execution of city segmentation to provide a scalable framework to test and optimise different hyper-local activations
- Restaurant Visibility Strategy - responsible for ‘painting the town teal’ through restaurant visibility via instore merchandise and other means. Working with the Senior Marketing Manager for Restaurants to develop a best in class restaurant visibility strategy & implementation programme across both physical and digital assets.
- Hyper-Local Activation - own the hyper-local ‘battleground’, including development of a scalable and testable strategy to consider ambassador programmes, restaurant visibility, local sponsorship & events, permanent city branding etc. Test, learn & iterate on these activities to drive top of mind awareness & consideration across Australia
The ideal candidate would have the following experience:
- 7+ years marketing experience, both online and offline
- Experience in managing a team
- Exhibit high degrees of creativity to support ideation of marketing campaigns that appeal to a diverse range of customers across Australia
- Display high levels of analytical horsepower: being numbers driven is key as you need to look at weekly new and return customer metrics to decide on appropriate marketing initiatives
- Equally happy to be on the streets driving a street activation campaign and being in the office looking at customer cohort numbers and coming up with actionable, data-driven insights
- Experience in a high growth consumer oriented startup a plus
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- BIG Friday lunches – Deliveroo'd to the office of course!
- Weekly Exercise class to counteract all the amazing food!
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.