When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Deliveroo’s Account Management team works towards ensuring that our partners have an amplified reach to our customer base with unparalleled service levels. We are consultants providing restaurants with data-driven insights to help grow their businesses. We are a group of dynamic team players that work together to achieve a common goal. If you love the food scene and thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing working environment, then come join us!
This role is for a people person, someone who thrives in a social environment and likes to build relationships. At the same time, the role requires a keen analytical eye and an ability to work with and analyze data. As an account manager, you will be:
- Managing a portfolio of key restaurants with a focus on building lasting relationships and increasing profitability/revenue
- Analysing data on different markets and drive initiatives to increase revenues for your portfolio
- Working with cross functional departments to drive business growth (Marketing, Operations, Customer Service, Corporate)
- An interest in food is great here. It’s a place to unleash the foodie in you.
- Excellent attention to detail, people skills and organisation skills.
- Ability to create and maintain relationships
- Demonstrate experience using Microsoft Office tools and related project/program management applications to drive best practice
- You must be a self-starter as we’ll look for you to manage your own time and priorities here.
- Fluent in Cantonese and English
- Account management experience (or relevant sales, BDM, community management) helps, but is not required
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
- Standard health and dental insurance
- Monthly gym stipend
- Corporate phone & computer or subsidy of phone bills
- Friday lunches + a lot of other food
- Deliveroo PLUS - order from Deliveroo with no delivery fee
- Social events and outings with the team
- Free subscription to online learning platform, Coursera