When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
The Business Development team are the backbone of Deliveroo, tasked with signing up the best restaurants in town to work with us. The BD Managers are relentless in their pursuit of restaurants and are responsible for executing the entire sales cycle, from lead sourcing, to follow-ups, to closing deals. They are out in the field, meeting clients, walking into restaurants, and building a network of contacts within the F&B industry. But most importantly, they are always eating - how else can we make sure we sign up the best quality restaurants in Belgium?
This is a role for an intelligent, motivated, self starter to develop their sales career for a leading company within its market sector.
- Sales pitch restaurants on a daily basis through a variety of forums (email, phone, in-person), demonstrating complete knowledge of the Deliveroo business and technology
- Attend F&B industry events to build relationships and a contact network
- Oversee the full on-boarding process of a restaurant joining Deliveroo, from sign-up stage to live and operational on the platform
- 1-2 years of Sales experience
- Good knowledge of Belgiums F&B industry is a plus
- Be personable and approachable, with the ability to build relationships
- Be confortable with a bonus structure salary
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Bilingual, must be fluent in English and Dutch
- You must be a self-starter, tenacious, and self-motivated. If you don't have these qualities, you won't excel here
- Have a real impact on the Company's growth and evolution
- Attractive commission structure
- Open, respectful, fun company culture
- Work with people who love what they do everyday
- BIG Friday lunches - Deliveroo'd to the office of course!
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.