When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. Delivery is a mechanism by which we feed the customer today, but in the future, it certainly won't be the only medium. Our first step in going beyond the delivery paradigm is Deliveroo Editions, our state of the art delivery-only kitchens, where we use data to identify gaps in the market and bring new, unique brands to new areas.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. Riders care about earnings, flexibility and benefits. Restaurants care about revenues and that we handle their brand in a brilliant manner. Consumers care about price, selection and service. How do we ensure success for all three sides? We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
We are looking for an Corporate Operations Executive to join our team. You will be providing support to the Deliveroo for Business national team ranging from administration support, liaising with clients and overseeing operations. You will have a passion for challenging the status quo and implementing new efficient ways of working across the team. The ideal candidate will be hungry, ambitious and motivated to work within a fast moving environment.
- Assist our clients: Prepare and send daily menus, gather team orders (including allergy requirements and requests for labeling), and place the orders.
- Ensure tailored experience: You will liaise with the restaurants and the relevant internal teams to ensure the orders are tailored to the clients’ requirements (allergy requirements, labeling…)
- Organise and oversee operations: You will liaise with other departments (mainly customer care) to eliminate the opportunity for substandard performance by proactively tackling issues and ensuring the successful delivery of large corporate orders.
- Live monitoring: You will monitor large orders in real time to ensure the service we deliver is outstanding.
- Analyse and improve processes: You will contribute to understanding the operational challenges around these use cases and help to improve the existing processes, as well as implementing new ones.
- 1-2 years experience in a business support role preferably supporting a commercial team
- Proven executor - able to take an idea, make a plan and get shit done.
- Effective communicator - outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Multitasking pro - the ability to tackle several complex problems without missing a step.
- Problem solver - able to take ownership, solve problems, and keep a cool head in challenging situations.
- Strategic - use the information available to you to build a plan with clear goals.
- Structured thinker - take problems and your ideas to solve them and make them into a coherent action plan.
- Experience in a customer facing role
- A good level of spoken and written English
- Attention to details
- An interest in all things food and restaurants. Deliveroo is a company of people unapologetically passionate about what they do – if you’re not into food, you soon will be.
- Become one of the key managers of a fast-growing, exciting startup, changing the food delivery landscape;
- Structured learning and development, including performance and management coaching;
- Open, respectful and fun company culture;
- BIG Friday lunches – Deliveroo'd to the office of course!
- Weekly Exercise class to counteract all the amazing food!
- Work with people who love what they do every day!
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.