When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
The Restaurant Partnership Account Associate will work very close with the Restaurant Partnership Manager.
The role will involve:
- Managing and growing relationships with company owned and franchisee QSRs across Australia
- Assisting the Restaurant Partnership Manager in organizing and implementing initiatives
- Proactively supporting and implementing new campaigns from the marketing team
- Daily analysis of commercial and operational metrics across portfolio
- Setting Up Weekly reports on week activity to share with Restaurant Partnership Account Manager
- Restaurant administration support including delegated lead on specific projects
- Daily interaction with restaurants via phone and email on key operational metrics
- Communication with on the ground account managers to attend to demands of franchisees.
- Attending Quarterly QSR meetings with head office management to feedback and present on the ground KPIs and sentiment
- Collating competitive intel in a methodical fashion
- Leading by example in both attitude and results
- Achieving all of the above whilst also maintaining exceptional personal KPI results
- 1-5 years working experience, ideally in a commercial environment where you have to deal with many clients / customers
- You must be outgoing and a strong communicator whether face to face, through phone or email
- You must be commercially minded and results oriented
- You must be a self-starter, hard-worker and well organised
Life at Deliveroo
We are a small team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.