As a key member of the in-country management team, you will work closely with the General Manager and local teams, as well as with Regional Marketing and Central teams (ie. Performance Marketing, Business Intelligence) to design marketing plans that achieve aligned commercial objectives.
You will build and lead a high-performing team tasked with having a strong, data-driven understanding of the country’s overall business objectives, in-market nuances, and a deep understanding of priority customer segments. You and your team will leverage these insights to effectively partner with central teams and influence the global and regional growth strategy. As such, you are responsible for ensuring that implementation of central channels reflects your latest local commercial priorities, competitive landscape and customer insights. Critically, you are also accountable for expert localisation of the regional marketing strategy and delivering on-the-ground execution of the highest standard. Overall, you will drive demand generation campaigns and leverage the broader company ecosystem to engage existing customers and drive weekly active customers. Throughout, you will adopt a test-and-learn approach to continuously enhance executional impact and efficiency. You will also seek innovative opportunities to drive positive commercial impact and create “cut-through” in your channels.
- Build and lead a high-performing local marketing team, nurture talent, recognise strengths and development opportunities, and ensure the right pathways to growth
- Optimize team structure and ways of working to run marketing efficiently and effectively
- Localise and execute the regional marketing strategy, working closely with Regional Marketing, country management and central teams to hit commercial targets
- Ensure a deep understanding of the local market proposition to enhance regional and global marketing strategy, creative and comms and run impactful marketing activities at a country level
- Deliver integrated, 360-degree marketing campaigns through management of local marketing budget, implementing global frameworks locally, engaging Regional Marketing and central teams on the most efficient activities to fuel growth across channels
- Monitor and share business growth indicators, recognising trends, troubleshooting issues and proactively identifying opportunities to accelerate growth
- Embrace test-and-learn to demonstrate incrementality and ROI of marketing spend
- Share learnings, best practice and campaign results to constantly raise the bar across the organisation to deliver best-in-class marketing
- Think innovatively to find solutions to overcome growth-limiting challenges. Champion the customer, whilst working collaboratively and cross-functionally with local country management (commercial, ops, DFB) and HQ teams (Growth, Product, BI, Comms)
- Extensive online and offline marketing experience, with proven ability to successfully develop and execute major multi-channel (360 degree), customer-centric campaigns
- B2C marketing expertise required; fluent in all aspects of the marketing mix - including brand, media buying, design, social media, content marketing, events and sponsorships
- Superb analytical skills; demonstrated success using data to make decisions that deliver results. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, with the ability to drive alignment amongst multiple stakeholders across levels for solutions to complex, multi-faceted problems
- Growth mindset and a bias towards test-and-learn approaches
- Experience working in and/or with Agile teams a plus
- Experience at a top-performing retail/eComm/tech/FMCG company preferred
- Committed people leader, with experience building high-performing teams
- Passion for changing the future of food
- Strong English proficiency
- BA degree or equivalent required; MBA or other advanced qualification a plus
- Willingness to travel (~15-30% of time - across local market and to HQ)
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.