When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
About the role
This is an excellent entry opportunity to join one of the world’s fastest growing start-ups and learn what it takes to scale a business in an ever-changing environment. We are looking for innovative, analytical, business-minded individuals to join our Operations Team.
This is the perfect opportunity to take your first steps in an exciting, fast-growing company.
Rider Supply Representatives take ownership of engaging and converting the right applicants into active riders. Our Supply Team have a passion for brand awareness, process improvements and customer service. They are vibrant, computer literate and experienced in working with customers or clients. And above all – must love food.
As a Rider Supply Representative, your responsibilities include:
- Provide amazing service and training to potential riders;
- Vetting and progressing successful applicants through the remote onboarding process;
- Implementing process improvements to improve efficiency within the onboarding process;
- Working closely with the broader Supply team to develop engaging content and support local rider marketing needs;
- Leveraging analytics to acquire and convert the right type of riders; and
- Fulfilment of daily and weekly onboarding and conversion targets.
- An excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Strong energy to operate in a fast-paced, dynamic and results-driven environment;
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and driven to innovate;
- Self-motivated and eager to learn operational skills across supply chains;
- Solid base of IT competence with experience using Microsoft Office, and Google Suite; and
- Prior business operations, customer service or analytics experience is a bonus.
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup, changing the food delivery landscape;
- Open, respectful and fun company culture;
- Weekly table tennis competitions;
- Weekly Exercise classes to counteract all the amazing food!
- BIG Friday lunches – Deliveroo'd to the office of course;
- Work with people who love what they do every day!
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.