When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
The role of the Recruitment Coordinator will be to assist our team in the recruitment of roles across Australia. You’ll be working closely with candidates and our hiring managers to support the recruitment process. Your main responsibilities will include reviewing applications, scheduling interviews as well as tracking referrals, interviewing, arranging debriefs and managing our applicant tracking system.
- Hiring. A lot. Account Management, Business Development, Marketing, Operations & Customer Service - you’ll be sourcing, interviewing and closing talented people to join our team in Australia.
- Becoming a ‘go to person’ for our hiring managers on all things recruitment - from interview process to comp packages to market know-how. You’ll own recruitment end to end and provide support and guidance to our hiring managers.
- Reviewing applications and shortlisting candidates for the hiring managers.
- Supporting the hiring managers throughout the recruitment process by conducting phone screenings, scheduling interviews and reserving conference rooms
- Managing our applicant tracking system and ensuring all records are maintained and up to date.
- Creation of position descriptions where required and managing applications on external job boards
- Devising effective interview questions to determine and interviewee’s capabilities.
- Working with our APAC recruitment team on different recruitment initiatives.
- Experience in recruitment - either internal experience or a solid billing history in an agency.
- People skills - You believe in the power of communication and focus on building relationships long term.
- You’re able to source and hire awesome people directly without depending on recruitment agencies.
- As a recruiter, you don’t rely on a candidate database to find people. You should be able to source people using some pretty standard tools beyond Linkedin. We’d love it if you can bring some sourcing tricks with you too.
- A passion for an amazing and seamless interview experience for both candidates and hiring teams.
- Attention to detail :-) plenty of it, please!
- You thrive in an environment of unrelenting pace. The ability to multitask, juggle a bunch of stuff at once but also, somehow manage to be super organized at the same time is key here.
- Ability to work quickly with tight deadlines
- A sense of humor and a willing to give it your all!
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.