When we started in 2013, Deliveroo’s founder and CEO Will Shu was surprised to find that it was nearly impossible to get great quality food delivered in London despite a wealth of incredible restaurants. He made it his personal mission to bring the best local restaurants and recognisable brands direct to customers’ doors. 5 years on from our inception, Deliveroo is on a mission to become the definitive food company. We are changing the way people eat and giving people better options. In future, when people think of food… we want them to think of Deliveroo!
We operate one of the most complex marketplaces in the world in which at all times we are optimising for restaurants riders and of course consumers. We work in 13 countries globally. We employ over 2,200 people and work with 50,000 riders who deliver from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities across the globe.
The size of the global food market is £7.7 trillion and only 1% of it is online so it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun. There are many unanswered questions that extend well beyond food delivery. How do we help people to get healthy? How can we support restaurants? What does good work look like in the 21st century? At Deliveroo, these are just some of the tough problems that we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours.
Reporting to the Head of Insurance, the “Physical and Personnel Security Manager” will be responsible for all Physical and Personnel Security work streams whilst developing and implementing policies and procedures to maintain Deliveroo security standards and policies.
You will have to demonstrate excellent surveillance and emergency response skills. You will need a strong commitment to security rules and knowledge of all hazards and threats to safety.
The goal is to create and preserve an environment where employees, visitors and property are safe and well-protected.
- Develop and implement physical and personnel security policies, protocols and procedures for our people, offices and also, Editions Kitchens
- Identify, investigate, or resolve security breaches
- Manage security infrastructure (CCTV/PAC)
- Write or review security-related awareness campaigns as well as documents, such as reports, proposals, and tactical or strategic initiatives
- Assess and recommend changes to improve the security of high profile staff
- Coordinate security operations or activities with public law enforcement, fire and other agencies
- Control budgets for security operations and monitor expenses
- Manage relationships with manned guarding companies and respond to urgent issues effectively and rapidly
- Plan and coordinate security operations for specific events (internal/external)
- Coordinate staff when responding to emergencies and alarms
- Prepare reports or make presentations on internal investigations, losses, or violations of regulations, policies and procedures
- Analyse data to form proposals for improvements (e.g. implementation of new technology)
- Assist in emergency management and contingency planning
- Arrange for or perform executive protection activities
- Respond to medical emergencies, bomb threats, fire alarms, or intrusion alarms, following emergency response procedures
- Monitor security policies, programs or procedures to ensure compliance with internal security policies, licensing requirements, or applicable government security requirements, policies, and directives
- Proven experience as security manager or similar position
- Experience using relevant technology and equipment (e.g. CCTV)
- Experience in reporting and emergency response planning
- Excellent knowledge of security protocols and procedures
- Solid understanding of budgeting and statistical data analysis
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Fantastic exposure to scaling a tech team at a unique pace
- Work at our new headquarters right by Cannon Street Station. The office has a prayer room, nap room, onsite gym, and a rooftop garden overlooking Tower Bridge. We hold firmwide meetings on our basketball court
- Flexible working, including parent friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days - all made easy by our great use of tech including video conferencing, slack, workplace
- Maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources
- Company benefits including: discounted private healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, cycle to work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership, cycle parking)
- Company wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises
- Regular team off-sites
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Every Friday we order lunch for everyone from restaurants on the Deliveroo platform
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.