When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
The purpose of this role is to support and facilitate rider engagement for Germany
Your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting face-to-face rider engagement in a number of formats, including but not limited to focus groups, drop-in centres, pop-up stalls, partner promotions and large events
- Acting as the internal point of contact for rider feedback and insights for your market
- Executing focused engagement campaigns with specific objectives e.g. road safety roadshow
- Managing the rider feedback loop of gathering rider feedback, communicating key messages and informing riders of actions we’ve taken off the back of their input with the support of your team
- Executing your team’s objectives and overall programme of events to achieve maximum impact across Germany
- Planning a programme of events to achieve objectives across multiple cities
- Gathering feedback from riders across Germany through formal and informal settings
- Communicating and explaining key messages to riders simply and with impact
- Informing riders of outcomes and actions taken based on their feedback e.g. new app feature
- Facilitating focused engagement campaigns with specific objectives e.g. road safety roadshow
- Identifying and understanding key issues based on feedback
- Supporting pilot engagement channels e.g. Facebook messenger, outbound calls, inbound hotline
- Creating and implementing rider rewards initiatives - from restaurant discounts, to learning programmes, to sponsorship opportunities - taking into account feedback we receive from riders
- Researching sectors and identifying partners who will help us achieve our objectives
- Relationship building with existing partner brands, evaluating existing partnerships and analysing ways to leverage and amplify existing relationships
- Developing winning proposals, presentations and pitches and maintaining action-oriented external and internal reporting - whilst maintaining a focus on the big picture and the overall direction
- Creativity - experience generating solutions and leading execution of them
- Ability to plan and manage events - focused on transporting company culture (Case)
- Judgment/Analytical – able to structure a problem and get to the crux of an issue quickly, using data and without over-complicating
- Strategic Thinking – able to think big picture as well as execute ‘on-the-fly’ by understanding the dynamics of the business
- Project Management - know the basics of managing multiple projects in a structured and logical way
- Refined interpersonal skills, ability to empathize and connect with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Experience in negotiations with potential partners
- Experience in brand concepts and brand development
- Experience in a people-facing role
- Experience in handling professional social media channels
- Basic experience in developing visual concepts
- Fluent in English and German
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.