Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions is our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to sink your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for-all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 13 countries and 200 cities.
About the role
As the Supply Manager for Germany, you are responsible for defining the strategic and tactical approach to onboarding the requisite number of new riders in each city and improving the quality of the fleet across the whole country. Reporting into the Head of Operations, you will be responsible for coaching and leading a diverse team of seven members across 5 major cities and leading a team critical to the overall success of the German business.
The role entails determining and driving the optimal vehicle type mix, improving rider participation at peak demand, increasing average hours worked and rider tenure, and maximising rider engagement through the onboarding pipelines. You will work with the central teams responsible for local rider marketing, and manage the end-to-end conversion and onboarding processes.
- Leading each component of our supply process – whether it be ensuring we have enough applicants, that the onboarding process is seamless, that supply matches demand, and that prospective riders have all the support that they need
- Using analytics to build a platform that can sustainably scale – understanding what needs to be improved to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the supply process
- Understanding the operational, legal and competitive landscape – ensuring we are constantly evolving and innovating to respond to needs
- Managing and leading – working with the team to give them guidance, direction, coaching and to drive results and professional growth
- Providing input for product, procurement and other HQ central departments – working with all the supporting departments to ensure both the team has their needs catered for and the market is prepared for upcoming changes to product, processes and strategy
- Continuously identifying opportunities for improvement – e.g. optimizing flow of rider application to onboarding process, reviewing efficiency in onboarding teams, and re-designing our approach to attracting new riders
- Designing, building and leading the required supply operations organisational structure
- Fluent in English and German
- Leadership & Team Management – 2 to 3 years’ experience leading a team and working with those individuals to develop them and grow their skill set. Able to coach and engage others so they can effectively prepare and communicate with external stakeholders
- Strategic Thinking – able to think big picture as well as execute ‘on-the-fly’ by understanding the dynamics of the business
- Judgment/Analytical – able to structure a problem and get to the crux of an issue quickly, using data and without over-complicating
- Adaptable Fixer - enthusiastic, flexible & adaptable with the ability to remove barriers & bottlenecks via facilitation, creativity & resourcefulness. Don’t slavishly follow processes if they aren’t right.
- Customer Centricity - our riders are our customers. You always look at every process from the customer’s perspective, constantly searching for ways to improve the customer experience
- Effective communicator - outstanding interpersonal and business skills. Able to quickly establish gravitas and credibility with a range of stakeholders.
- Track record of ‘getting things done’ - operational knowledge of the business and how it works today. Know when you have enough insight to make-a-call and apply the 80 / 20 rule - rapid, high-quality decisions.
- Project Management - know the basics of managing multiple projects in a structured and logical way.
- Become one of the key employees of one of Europe's fastest-growing startups changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- BIG Friday lunches
- Gym and phone subsidies
- Have a tangible impact on Deliveroo Germany's growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.