When we started in 2013, Deliveroo’s founder and CEO Will Shu was surprised to find that it was nearly impossible to get great quality food delivered in London despite a wealth of incredible restaurants. He made it his personal mission to bring the best local restaurants and recognisable brands direct to customers’ doors. 5 years on from our inception, Deliveroo is on a mission to become the definitive food company. We are changing the way people eat and giving people better options. In future, when people think of food… we want them to think of Deliveroo!
We operate one of the most complex marketplaces in the world in which at all times we are optimising for restaurants riders and of course consumers. We work in 13 countries globally. We employ over 2,200 people and work with 50,000 riders who deliver from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities across the globe.
The size of the global food market is £7.7 trillion and only 1% of it is online so it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun. There are many unanswered questions that extend well beyond food delivery. How do we help people to get healthy? How can we support restaurants? What does good work look like in the 21st century? At Deliveroo, these are just some of the tough problems that we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours.
Reporting to the Head of Consumer Comms UKI they will:
- Devise and deliver high-impact PR campaigns for the market
- Prioritize and manage reactive responses for incoming media enquiries
- Identify regular and proactive newsjacking opportunities
- Work closely with the UK marketing/rider/restaurant/product teams to maximise PR opportunities
- Manage UK agency performance
- Deliver cross-platform campaigns that work for media and create buzz amongst Deliveroo’s external stakeholders
- Compile media materials including press releases, biographies, fact sheets, features, opinion pieces, reactive statements etc
- Provide counsel to spokespeople on communications skills and message delivery
- Support in the development of comms plans on a regular basis
- Devise and manage events for internal and external stakeholders
- 6-7 years experience in a comms role, liaising with the media directly
- Strong consumer and national media contacts
- Outstanding organisational ability and project management skills
- Flawless written English
- Experience in fast-paced environment
- Experience of managing junior members of staff
- Excellent media relationships
- A self-starter that’s comfortable with constant change
- Education level requirement: 2:1 degree level or above
Nice to haves
- Experience of managing agencies from an in-house position
- Experience of working at a start-up or high-growth business
- Budget management and reporting
- Experience of developing brand visibility across social media channels and engaging with bloggers and influencers
Joining Deliveroo has many perks, one of which - you’ve guessed it - is food! There’s a near constant flow of deliciousness throughout the week - and every Friday lunch, we order enough to feed an army. Beyond that, we offer competitive compensation in one of the world’s fastest growing startups and a lovely laptop of your choice.
The culture is energetic and entrepreneurial: we’re passionate about enabling everyone to have impact on the company’s growth and evolution, and having a lot of fun along the way.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.