Changing the way the world thinks about food delivery is what we’re all about. That’s why we love bringing amazing restaurant food to people like you – whether it’s juicy burgers, fiery curries or fresh poké bowls.
It’s been been a whirlwind of a journey since our launch in 2013 – we’re now in 13 countries and over 500 cities, with stylish headquarters based in the heart of London.
As a food obsessed, friendly bunch, we enjoy brainstorming ideas to solve business challenges – and we’re not afraid of making great ones happen fast.
We are looking for a field based Business Development Manager. This is a rare opportunity to become a founding and critical member of a rapidly growing, well-funded startup. You’ll be liaising with Center and South Italy's most premium and highly regarded restaurants. As a member of the local sales team, your role will focus on developing new relationships with restaurants. This is a role for an intelligent, motivated, self starter to develop their sales career for a leading company within its market sector.
You will be tasked with signing up Center and South Italy's best restaurants. More specifically, you will:
- Map and target restaurants across Center and South Italy in a very methodical and organised fashion
- Communicate (physical visits, email, calls, social media) with restaurants to demonstrate Deliveroo technology
- Help restaurant owners / managers overcome any barriers or hesitations
- Attend restaurant and food meet ups
We offer a full time fixed-term contract.
- You must be comfortable with targeting new business and have proven Sales Experience
- The job requires great communication skills whether it be face to face, through phone or email
- Ability to persuasively demonstrate product and industry knowledge to clients is a must
- You will need to be comfortable with negotiations
- Knowledge of the restaurant industry is a significant plus
- You will need to be tenacious and self motivated
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- BIG Friday lunches – Deliveroo'd to the office of course!
- Gym allowance to counteract all the amazing food!
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.