When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. Delivery is a mechanism by which we feed the customer today, but in the future, it certainly won't be the only medium. Our first step in going beyond the delivery paradigm is Deliveroo Editions, our state of the art delivery-only kitchens, where we use data to identify gaps in the market and bring new, unique brands to new areas.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. Riders care about earnings, flexibility and benefits. Restaurants care about revenues and that we handle their brand in a brilliant manner. Consumers care about price, selection and service. How do we ensure success for all three sides? We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
We’re looking for a Field Marketing associate to support our local activation plans across UK. This newly formed role will be based in Manchester, reporting to the Senior Manager, Local Marketing - together acting as the voice of our individual cities to the broader team. They will be responsible for ensuring the global & UKI Deliveroo vision is localised appropriately for our ‘rest of UK’ and London audience to ensure we become the most known and most relevant brand to our target customer.
Supporting the Senior Manager, Local Marketing to become the most known and most relevant brand in each of our UK cities. Responsible for building & scaling Deliveroo’s field marketing activities in RUK, including responsibility for executing ambassador programmes, word-of-mouth activity, events & restaurant asset implementation.
- Ambassador recruitment & management - work alongside external agency to set up & develop student ambassador programme including onboarding, ongoing management, incentivisation plan & optimisation of programme
- Local events & sponsorship - be the expert on local relevant events or sponsorship opportunities e.g. Leeds Football Club or relevant food festivals
- Restaurant visibility strategy - support in the development & execution of our ‘painting the town teal’ strategy. This would include developing a best in class visibility strategy & implementation programme across both physical & digital assets. Manage interns & restaurant asset implementation - responsible for the day to day overseeing of restaurant asset implementation including management of 15 x interns
- Test & learn - be responsible for measuring the impact of activations, to test & learn & iterate our hyper-local strategy to drive TOMA & consideration in the UK.
- 3+ years experience marketing or agency experience running successful insight led marketing campaigns. You will have experience of executing hyper-local activity such as an ambassador programme, sponsorship or experiential events.
- Detail oriented executor. You're skilled at planning, organising, prioritising and executing simultaneous projects and activities at once. You can prioritise high impact activities and keep complicated projects moving forward.
- A self-starter attitude that’s comfortable with constant change and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven track record in making things happen - delivering results quickly and efficiently.
- A creative problem solver who can think things through analytically.
- A proactive, can-do attitude, full of great ideas and able to get stuff done autonomously.
- Great communication skills with a passion for building strong relationships, with proven experience to manage agencies & in-house teams - both in person & remotely.
- Flexible working, including parent friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days - all made easy by our great use of tech including video conferencing, slack, workplace.
- Maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave.
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside.
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources.
- Company benefits including: discounted private healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership, cycle parking).
- Company wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises.
- Regular team off-sites.
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders).
- Every Friday we order lunch for everyone from restaurants on the Deliveroo platform.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.