When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. Delivery is a mechanism by which we feed the customer today, but in the future, it certainly won't be the only medium. Our first step in going beyond the delivery paradigm is Deliveroo Editions, our state of the art delivery-only kitchens, where we use data to identify gaps in the market and bring new, unique brands to new areas.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. Riders care about earnings, flexibility and benefits. Restaurants care about revenues and that we handle their brand in a brilliant manner. Consumers care about price, selection and service. How do we ensure success for all three sides? We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
We’re looking for a Senior Manager to lead media and campaigns in the UK. This newly formed role will work closely with the rest of the UK team, PR, channel leads, our external agency & creative studio to deliver best in class media strategy and campaigns that deliver against our goals. This role reports to the UK & Ireland Marketing Director.
A successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial brand builder. S/He will have a passion for all things media and campaigns and have a natural ability to think strategically to solve business problems. S/he will be a self starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail.
Responsible for delivering media strategy & campaigns that deliver against Deliveroo’s TOMA & consideration goals - to make us the most known and relevant food delivery service in the UK.
- Media & Mass Comms Expert - work with our external media agency to plan, deliver & execute our national media strategy. Identify the most relevant channels and media mix to drive growth, working with the rest of the UK team to identify the need to tailor locally and leverage restaurants across the UK.
- Campaign development - work with our external agency partner and internal studio team to lead and develop brand campaigns across paid, owned & earned channels. Ensure all mass comms and brand campaigns deliver against our briefs, with clear objectives & key messages to move us to become the better mainstream choice.
- Cross-functional collaboration - work with teams across the business including PR, brand social & partnerships to develop the optimum strategies & plans to drive relevance with our consumers.
- Measurement & effectiveness - work with the BI team and other relevant stakeholders to drive our test & learn approach to better understand the impact of our activity and drive improvements.
- 7+ years experience marketing or agency experience running successful insight led marketing campaigns, with proven ability to manage large-scale media budgets
- Detail oriented executor. You're skilled at planning, organising, prioritising and executing simultaneous projects and activities at once. You can prioritise high impact activities and keep complicated projects moving forward.
- A self-starter attitude that’s comfortable with constant change and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven track record in making things happen - delivering results quickly and efficiently.
- A creative problem solver who can think things through analytically.
- A proactive, can-do attitude, full of great ideas and able to get stuff done autonomously.
- Great communication skills with a passion for building strong relationships, with proven experience to manage agencies & in-house teams.
- Work at our new headquarters right by Cannon Street Station. The office has a prayer room, nap room, onsite gym, and a rooftop garden overlooking Tower Bridge. We hold firmwide meetings on our basketball court.
- Flexible working, including parent friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days - all made easy by our great use of tech including video conferencing, slack, workplace.
- Maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave.
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside.
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources.
- Company benefits including: discounted private healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership, cycle parking).
- Company wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises.
- Regular team off-sites.
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders).
- Every Friday we order lunch for everyone from restaurants on the Deliveroo platform.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.