When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. Delivery is a mechanism by which we feed the customer today, but in the future, it certainly won't be the only medium. Our first step in going beyond the delivery paradigm is Deliveroo Editions, our state of the art delivery-only kitchens, where we use data to identify gaps in the market and bring new, unique brands to new areas.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. Riders care about earnings, flexibility and benefits. Restaurants care about revenues and that we handle their brand in a brilliant manner. Consumers care about price, selection and service. How do we ensure success for all three sides? We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
The Restaurant Marketing & Sales Internship (12 weeks)
Over a 12 week period (starting at the end of January 2019), you will: grow our presence across the UK, have the opportunity to support the marketing initiatives in the the UK and become our all-round community ambassadors in local regions such as London, Manchester, Edinburgh, Bristol etc. You'll be our local marketing representatives and work closely to understand some of the blockers our restaurants and riders face. One of your main objectives will be to get as much Deliveroo branded material into our restaurants as possible and write weekly reports on your activity and what you've encountered during your travels for that week. As a result of the type of work, you'll be loaded up with signage, and plenty of Deliveroo branded material so we'd strongly advise that you're able to drive and have access to a car.
Day to day this means you will be:
- Deliveroo Ambassadors: You will meet with Restaurant Owners and quickly forge relationships to ensure that restaurants are advertising that customers can order their favourite food on Deliveroo.
- Autonomous Operators: We will kick off with a training programme to set you up for success… There will be no making the coffees on this internship! You’ll spend Monday - Thursday out of the office in the field talking to our restaurants, installing restaurant marketing materials and getting a first hand understanding of Deliveroo’s business.
- Hyper Local Marketing Executors: This internship is results oriented. You will be allocated a region of the UK to own.
- Problem Solving: You will be using your initiative and energy to solve any problems that our customers or restaurant partners may face in your area.
- Restaurant Gurus: You will become intimately familiar with our platform, acting as advisors to our restaurants and customers and collating learnings and insights to feed into monthly reports.
- You will need to be available from mid Jan - end of March
- At Deliveroo we value: Creativity, Innovation, Problem-Solving, People-people and Results-oriented Do-ers. It’s not just about what you do, but how you do it.
- It doesn’t matter what you studied at University, we hire interns who collaborate with people and can understand what makes them tick.
- This is a hands-on internship and you should be too!
- Driving licence is essential to this role
Please note that this role will be a regional role involving lots of travel so you'll need the ability to travel daily, in addition this is a 12 week programme and we will therefore not consider applications looking for longer internships. You'll also need to be available from January 2019 which is when this internship will begin.
- Food: Free (amazing) food on a Friday lunch!
- Learning from the very best: Deliveroo is one of the World’s fastest growing start-ups!
- Continuous learning and development: Every Friday you will be based in the office and you will learn about everything from our marketing channels, experiential events planning to UX Design and Account Management. You’ll also have the chance to develop a deep understanding about the deliveroo business model.
- Opportunity to join the force: There could be an opportunity for you to come aboard after the internship programme. We can’t wait to see your skills!
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.