Changing the way the world thinks about food delivery is what we’re all about. That’s why we love bringing amazing restaurant food to people like you – whether it’s juicy burgers, fiery curries or fresh poké bowls.
It’s been been a whirlwind of a journey since our launch in 2013 – we’re now in 12 countries and over 200 cities, with stylish headquarters based in the heart of London.
As a food obsessed, friendly bunch, we enjoy brainstorming ideas to solve business challenges – and we’re not afraid of making great ones happen fast.
You have strong technical skills and are a creative, highly motivated individual who relishes working in a fast-paced environment whilst focusing on driving business growth. You'll be a key partner to other data scientists in our Business Intelligence verticals - Service, Delivery, Marketing & Engagement, Selection & Pricing, and Performance- to achieve our goal: feed people 3 times a day.
As a Data Scientist at Deliveroo you will be:
- Always curious and willing to learn new skills
- A problem solver with a deep analytical mindset
- A critical thinker with very strong attention to detail
- Excellent SQL skills and an understanding of database structure
- A strong ability to communicate findings to non-technical stakeholders in a concise and engaging manner.
- A willingness to work with unstructured data, or to go in search of data through both conventional and unconventional means.
- Basic knowledge of statistics (e.g. significance & confidence intervals)
- A degree in a technical field or 1-3 years experience in a previous data science, engineering or analytics role
- Experience with data visualisation tools such as Tableau, Looker, or Periscope
- Fluency in Python or R and its application in data analysis (majority python based stack)
- Advanced knowledge of statistics or econometrics
- Machine learning
- Automation (including data gathering via API’s)
- Experience in logistics or delivery areas
- Fantastic exposure to scaling a tech team at a unique pace
- Work at our headquarters right by Cannon Street Station. The office has a prayer room, nap room, onsite gym, and a rooftop garden overlooking Tower Bridge. We hold firmwide meetings on our basketball court
- Flexible working, including parent-friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days - all made easy by our great use of tech including video conferencing, slack, workplace
- Maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources
- Company benefits including: discounted private healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, cycle to work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership, cycle parking)
- Company-wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises
- Regular team off-sites
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Every Friday we order lunch for everyone from restaurants on the Deliveroo platform
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.