Changing the way the world thinks about food delivery is what we’re all about. That’s why we love bringing amazing restaurant food to people like you – whether it’s juicy burgers, fiery curries or fresh poké bowls.
It’s been been a whirlwind of a journey since our launch in 2013 – we’re now in 12 countries and over 200 cities, with stylish headquarters based in the heart of London.
As a food obsessed, friendly bunch, we enjoy brainstorming ideas to solve business challenges – and we’re not afraid of making great ones happen fast.
As a member of the National Operations Strategy team, you will be responsible for driving operational efficiency and unlocking growth through data backed solutions. Operations Strategy Associates are well versed in excel - knowledge of other software such as python or SQL is also highly regarded - and able to coordinate across multiple teams.
You will have the unique opportunity to work alongside the restaurant and marketing teams to scale and develop our delivery networks across Australia. Balancing the dynamics between customer, restaurant and delivery riders is a complex problem. With the support of a high performing and collaborative team, you will take the lead on solving this problem, being responsible for the operational performance of one of our regions.
We are looking for someone that not only demonstrates analytical rigor and creative thinking, but also a deep curiosity to learn and a hunger to push the boundaries of success. This is the ideal role for someone looking to take their analytical skills into execution, process-building and iteration to get to operational excellence. It is also rare opportunity to gain a valuable understanding of all the moving parts within a successful high-growth start-up.
- Work within the National Operations Strategy team to optimise the delivery network for all Australian markets. You will to dive into the inner workings and efficiency of marketplaces (speed of service, availability, cost per order, etc) as well as improving the quality of service for customers, restaurants and delivery riders.
- Collaborate with other central teams, including Live Operations, Rider Supply, Sales and Marketing, to ensure markets are continuing to scale efficiently.
- Run experiments across different markets for validation and national roll out - this could include incentive schemes for riders or a new way to drive growth in rider supply.
- Collaborate with other markets across APAC to share knowledge and best practice
- Work with Sales to plan and execute the expansion of Deliveroo to other cities
- Someone who can analyse data intelligently and conduct analysis to link variables. Able to understand incrementality and cause/effect
- Strong business acumen and an ability to prioritise your workflows
- Personable and an ability to build effective relationships and collaborate with teams of wildly different skill sets
- Resilience and an ability to adapt to an ever evolving market and product
- Candor - you speak your mind in an effective and empathetic manner
- Great opportunity for a hungry graduate
- Rare opportunity to join a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- BIG Friday lunches – Deliveroo'd to the office of course!
- Weekly Exercise class to counteract all the amazing food!
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.