When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
We are looking for a highly talented Marketing Manager. This is a rare opportunity to become a critical member of a rapidly growing, well-funded startup. You will own our growth portfolio, and be primarily responsible for driving consumers and corporate to use our online platform to order delivery from the best restaurants to their homes and offices.
As a leader in the business you will also be responsible for growing the team and helping us become a household name in the local market. Your role will include the following:
- Own the local marketing strategy and budget
- Covers CRM, social, content, affiliates, paid and organic digital, events, sponsorships, partnerships, ATL, consumer PR, other brand initiatives etc.
- Lead development of detailed quarterly marketing plans
- Participate on analysis and report on ROI of marketing campaigns and initiatives
- Execute in-person, online and social campaigns
- Liaise with marketing and design teams in APAC for customized local initiatives
- Lead a team of marketing associates
The ideal candidate would have experience scaling marketing, both online and offline. The candidate can come from both in-house or agency (or preferably both) backgrounds. English and Germany fluency is a must.
- 6+ years marketing experience, ideally both online and offline
- Exhibit high degrees of creativity to support ideation of marketing campaigns that appeal to a diverse range of customers
- Display high levels of analytical horsepower: being numbers driven is key as you need to look at weekly new and return customer metrics to decide on appropriate marketing initiatives and budget allocation
- Equally happy to be on the streets driving a street activation campaign and being in the office looking at customer cohort numbers and coming up with actionable, data-driven insights
- Proven ability to successfully develop and execute major multi-channel marketing campaigns
- Experience in leading teams
- Experience in a high growth consumer oriented startup a plus
- Ability to use photoshop and similar a plus
- Agency experience combined with in-house execution track record preferred
- Stakeholders’ management ability - matching Corporate guidelines with local market needs.
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- BIG Friday lunches – food Deliveroo'd to the office
- Gym and phone subsidies
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.