When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
- Build and lead a high performing local marketing team, nurture talent, recognise opportunities & weaknesses and optimize team structure & ways of working to run marketing efficiently and effectively
- Localise and execute the regional marketing strategy working closely with Regional Marketing Lead, country management and central teams to hit commercial targets
- Deliver marketing campaigns through management of local marketing budget, implementing global frameworks locally, consulting Regional Lead and central teams on the most efficient activities to fuel growth across channels (mass comms, restaurant marketing, CRM, social, offline e.g direct mail).
- Track and share business growth indicators, recognising trends, troubleshooting issues and identifying opportunities to accelerate growth
- Embrace test and learn methods to demonstrate incrementality and ROI of marketing spend
- Have a deep understanding of the local market proposition to feed-in to the regional and global marketing strategy, creative and comms and run impactful marketing activities at a country level
- Think outside the box to find solutions to overcome growth-limiting challenges. Champion the customer whilst working collaboratively and cross functionally with local country management (commercial, ops, DFB) and HQ teams (Growth, Product, BI, Comms)
- Share learnings, best practice and campaign results to constantly raise the bar across the organisation to deliver best-in-class marketing
The ideal candidate would have the following experience:
- 10+ years marketing experience, both online and offline
- Experience in leading teams
- Exhibit high degrees of creativity to support ideation of marketing campaigns that appeal to a diverse range of customers across Australia
- Display high levels of analytical horsepower: being numbers driven is key as you need to look at weekly new and return customer metrics to decide on appropriate marketing initiatives and budget allocation
- Equally happy to be on the streets driving a street activation campaign and being in the office looking at customer cohort numbers and coming up with actionable, data-driven insights
- Proven ability to successfully develop and execute major multi-channel marketing campaigns and develop brand strategies
- Experience in a high growth consumer oriented startup a plus
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.