Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team has taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free for all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 200 cities.
As a key leader for the market, you will work closely with your GM, Regional Marketing Lead and other in-country and central teams to craft marketing plans that achieve commercial objectives. You will be accountable for localising the regional marketing strategy to deliver growth through on the ground execution.
You will have a strong understanding of the country’s overall business objectives and in-market nuances and will use this to influence the global and regional growth strategy, as well as execute activities locally through demand generation campaigns, and by leveraging the broader ecosystem to drive weekly active customers.
Role will involve/duties
- Build and lead a high performing local marketing team, nurture talent, recognise opportunities & weaknesses and optimize team structure & ways of working to run marketing efficiently and effectively
- Localise and execute the regional marketing strategy working closely with Regional Marketing Lead, country management and central teams to hit commercial targets
- Deliver marketing campaigns through management of local marketing budget, implementing global frameworks locally, consulting Regional Lead and central teams on the most efficient activities to fuel growth across channels (mass comms, restaurant marketing, CRM, social, offline e.g direct mail).
- Track and share business growth indicators, recognising trends, troubleshooting issues and identifying opportunities to accelerate growth
- Embrace test and learn methods to demonstrate incrementality and ROI of marketing spend
- Have a deep understanding of the local market proposition to feed-in to the regional and global marketing strategy, creative and comms and run impactful marketing activities at a country level
- Think outside the box to find solutions to overcome growth-limiting challenges. Champion the customer whilst working collaboratively and cross functionally with local country management (commercial, ops, DFB) and HQ teams (Growth, Product, BI, Comms)
- Share learnings, best practice and campaign results to constantly raise the bar across the organisation to deliver best-in-class marketing
The ideal candidate would have the following experience:
- 7+ years marketing experience, both online and offline
- Experience in leading teams
- Exhibit high degrees of creativity to support ideation of marketing campaigns that appeal to a diverse range of customers across Australia
- Display high levels of analytical horsepower: being numbers driven is key as you need to look at weekly new and return customer metrics to decide on appropriate marketing initiatives and budget allocation
- Equally happy to be on the streets driving a street activation campaign and being in the office looking at customer cohort numbers and coming up with actionable, data-driven insights
- Proven ability to successfully develop and execute major multi-channel marketing campaigns and develop brand strategies
- Experience in a high growth consumer oriented startup a plus
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- BIG Friday lunches – Deliveroo'd to the office of course!
- Weekly Exercise class to counteract all the amazing food!
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.