Deliveroo is growing at a phenomenal rate, delivering food to hungry people in over 200 cities worldwide. The Deliveroo automation team frees Deliveroo employees from working on manual repetitive tasks, eliminating redundant business processes and allowing us to dedicate more time to activities that directly support Deliveroo’s growth. Automation Engineers use their excellent problem solving and technical skills to build lasting solutions to complex automation challenges only seen in companies growing as fast as Deliveroo.
We are seeking an innovative, self-motivated, critical thinker to help us produce the next generation of Deliveroo’s internal automation tools.
Candidates are expected to have:
- Good to excellent Python scripting skills
- Experience with SQL
- High-level knowledge of interacting with web API’s
- A strong ability to communicate project findings and results to non-technical stakeholders in a concise and engaging manner
- A willingness to work with diverse, unstructured or unconventional data sources.
- A degree in a technical field or 1-3 years experience in a previous data science, engineering or analytics role
Preferred candidates will have:
- Experience manipulating large data sets
- Fluency in Python
- Past experience creating their own tools to automate manual processes or improve existing ones at scale.
- Experience working with Kubernetes and/or Docker swarm.
- Analysing Deliveroo’s internal processes and data
- Building and maintaining the infrastructure that automates analytics teams’ scripts and ML models
- Compiling and costing automation opportunities
- Developing tools that liberate users from repetitive tasks, and allow them to focus on levers that drive Deliveroo’s growth
- Working with Tech/Product teams where applicable to help guide them on their tooling roadmaps.
- Fantastic exposure to scaling a tech team at a unique pace
- Work at our headquarters right by Cannon Street Station. The office has a prayer room, nap room, onsite gym, and a rooftop garden overlooking Tower Bridge. We hold firmwide meetings on our basketball court
- Flexible working, including parent-friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days - all made easy by our great use of tech including video conferencing, slack, workplace
- Maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources
- Company benefits including: discounted private healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership, cycle parking)
- Company-wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises
- Regular team off-sites
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Every Friday we order lunch for everyone from restaurants on the Deliveroo platform