Changing the way the world thinks about food delivery is what we’re all about. That’s why we love bringing amazing restaurant food to people like you – whether it’s juicy burgers, fiery curries or fresh poké bowls.
It’s been been a whirlwind of a journey since our launch in 2013 – we’re now in 12 countries and over 200 cities, with stylish headquarters based in the heart of London.
As a food obsessed, friendly bunch, we enjoy brainstorming ideas to solve business challenges – and we’re not afraid of making great ones happen fast.
Whatever their specialism, all our data scientists share a commitment to analytical rigour and the drive to make an impact on the business. In the Selection and Pricing team, you get to enjoy a huge variety of work, from crunching statistical models in one minute to helping shape strategy with non-technical stakeholders in the next.
- A critical thinker, that enjoys solving problems with a deeply analytical mindset
- A self-starter, who is able to both employ statistical rigour and follow business intuition when evaluating the results from a model
- Passionate about communicating your results in a compelling and comprehensible way to non-technical stakeholders
- Comfortable working with tight deadlines across a range of projects, contributing to a fun, fast-paced, dynamic environment
- A team player, who is excited to have an immediate, tangible impact on Deliveroo through your work
- Always curious and always willing to learn
- A track-record in delivering econometric or other statistical/ML models that tackle broad, qualitative business questions and drive tangible business value (for example in R or Python)
- Strong proficiency in analysing rich and complex datasets, proactively identifying opportunities and delivering cutting-edge analytics projects that drive business strategy and unlock tangible value to our business
- Experience in deriving and communicating actionable insight or performance achieved to non-technical stakeholders in a compelling and clear way that informs future business strategy
- A track-record of delivering econometric or machine-learning models in a commercial environment (for example in R or Python)
- Experience in communicating complex findings to senior, non-technical stakeholders in a clear, compelling way.
- Proficiency in the end-to-end data modelling process: from data cleaning and manipulation, to statistical modelling, to visualisation
- A good command of Excel, with some experience with SQL and BI software (ideally Looker, or Tableau or similar).
- Working with text-classification/natural language processing
- Working in logistics or delivery services.
- Fantastic exposure to scaling a tech team at a unique pace
- Work at our headquarters right by Cannon Street Station. The office has a prayer room, nap room, onsite gym, and a rooftop garden overlooking Tower Bridge. We hold firmwide meetings on our basketball court
- Flexible working, including parent-friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days - all made easy by our great use of tech including video conferencing, slack, workplace
- Maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources
- Company benefits including: discounted private healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, cycle to work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership, cycle parking)
- Company-wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises
- Regular team off-sites
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Every Friday we order lunch for everyone from restaurants on the Deliveroo platform
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.