Changing the way the world thinks about food delivery is what we’re all about. That’s why we love bringing amazing restaurant food to people like you – whether it’s juicy burgers, fiery curries or fresh poké bowls.
It’s been been a whirlwind of a journey since our launch in 2013 – we’re now in 12 countries and over 200 cities, with stylish headquarters based in the heart of London.
As a food obsessed, friendly bunch, we enjoy brainstorming ideas to solve business challenges – and we’re not afraid of making great ones happen fast.
You have strong business mindset and an analytical background. You are a creative, highly motivated individual who relishes working in a fast-paced environment whilst focusing on driving business growth. You'll be a key partner to other managers within Business Intelligence, but more importantly a partner to a range of stakeholders, right up to the executive level.
- Lead from the front, always willing to back yourself and your team, and get stuck in to the details should it be necessary.
- Be a force multiplier, nurturing raw talent such that individuals fulfil their potential.
- Not shy away from complex, fuzzy or unstructured problems that can be difficult to conceptualise, should they fulfil a critical need for the business.
- Care about impact, and constantly be evaluating if your prioritisation levels are calibrating appropriately.
- Be creative about potential insight solutions, and be comfortable when said solutions are non-conventional by nature.
- Have a strong ability to interpret and communicate findings from analytical initiatives to stakeholders at all levels of the business.
- Minimum 1-2 years experience line-managing a team of analysts or analytically-minded individuals
- A degree in a technical field or 1-3 years experience in a previous data science, engineering or analytics role
- Management or strategic consultancy experience or strategic experience in a business operating in a competitive landscape
- Experience with data visualisation tools such as Tableau, Looker, or Periscope
- Working knowledge of SQL, Python or R
- Basic knowledge of statistics (e.g. significance & confidence intervals) and/or econometrics
- Automation (including data gathering via API’s)
- Experience in logistics or delivery areas
- Fantastic exposure to scaling a tech team at a unique pace
- Work at our headquarters right by Cannon Street Station. The office has a prayer room, nap room, onsite gym, and a rooftop garden overlooking Tower Bridge. We hold firmwide meetings on our basketball court
- Flexible working, including parent-friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days - all made easy by our great use of tech including video conferencing, slack, workplace
- Maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources
- Company benefits including: discounted private healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, cycle to work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership, cycle parking)
- Company-wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises
- Regular team off-sites
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Every Friday we order lunch for everyone from restaurants on the Deliveroo platform
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.