Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We are the leading food delivery company in 200 cities in 12 countries, and are growing fast. We are backed by over $1 billion in capital from top global investors.
We solve complex problems at Deliveroo: in real time, we connect millions of customers with 50,000 restaurants and riders to deliver food in under 30 minutes. And we constantly innovate: whether it means investing in bespoke super-kitchens to host our restaurant partners in new areas they wouldn’t venture into.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast paced and determined to build the definitive food company of the future.
The VP Global Commercial will be responsible for developing, and executing, Deliveroo’s global commercial strategy to help Deliveroo achieve its objective of becoming the definitive food company. You will also be responsible for maximising our order volume by focusing on two sides of our three-sided marketplace: consumers and restaurants as well as making sure that our consumers see the best restaurant selection at the right prices, while also ensuring our restaurant partners are successful.
The VP of Global Commercial will have the overarching responsibility for our sales operations, merchandising, pricing, and marketplace+ team. This in turn incorporates the responsibility of spearheading our order volume target and contribution profit per-order target across all 13 countries we operate in. All sales teams globally will have reporting lines into this organisation.
The role responsibilities include:
- Running Deliveroo’s central sales operations function, which is responsible for global sales strategy and sales performance management.
- Hire a leader for Deliveroo’s pricing function and building the pricing organization
- Setting up a merchandising function at Deliveroo.
- Develop playbooks and help Country Managers execute on commercial plans in each of Deliveroo’s local neighbourhoods for the above defined levers.
- Run our restaurant partner services team building a suite of products and services that drive value to restaurants.
- Work with product teams to build the right tools around merchandising and pricing.
- 12+ years work experience with 3+ years in senior leadership roles;
- Strong sales skills and track record of business development success
- Leadership experience managing a large commercial team in a consumer business
- Strong financial acumen
- Prior experience working with data-scientists and product teams.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to influence stakeholders to adopt new tools and processes;
- Strong knowledge of marketplace businesses/ experience in a high-growth business environment or start-up a plus
- Free food and LOTS of it
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- A brand new extremely impressive and fun office complete with nap room, onsite gym, basketball court and a rooftop overlooking Tower Bridge
- Subsidised gym membership
- Top-notch kit. Bring your own or we'll get you a shiny new Macbook and stuff
- An extremely fun team to work alongside!
- Abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global universities
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.