When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
We’re looking for a Senior Manager to lead digital brand content. This newly formed role will work closely with insights, PR, channel leads, local marketing teams, and the creative studio to translate Deliveroo’s brand strategy into content delivered through paid and owned digital channels – i.e. performance marketing, email, & social – to drive awareness, consideration, and traffic. This role reports to the Global Marketing Director.
A successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial brand builder. S/He will have a passion for all things content and a natural ability to tell stories across digital channels. S/He will be expected to think and act both strategically and tactically. S/He will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail.
- Develop and deliver digital content plans that achieve commercial objectives, driving step-change improvements in awareness, consideration, and traffic.
- Drive the editorial and production calendar to align with campaign strategies, local market needs, and deliver a consistent drumbeat of compelling content.
- Develop a framework to use data to report on the effectiveness of content initiatives and iterate based on learnings.
- Work cross functionally with internal stakeholders and external partners who support in the development and distribution of content.
- Build the ‘content muscle’ in the marketing org, guiding local marketing teams to produce best-in-class content for digital channels. Lead by example bringing best practices and prior experience into Deliveroo
- Work closely with brand strategy & insights to identify gaps and projects to improve content quality.
- University degree, preferably in English, Communications, or related field.
- Demonstrated expertise in setting and driving brand and content strategies across digital channels, working cross-functionally to deliver results. You know how and why content developed for snapchat should differ from content developed for facebook or email or youtube. You’re adept at strategizing content distribution to maximise impact within time and budget constraints. You know like the back of your hand what metrics you should look at to optimise content performance where, when, and why.
- Ability to identify and prioritize work that will have the highest business impact, using data to drive decision-making.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with proven ability to influence others.
- Experience running and getting the best out of freelancers, agencies and in-house teams.
Strong problem solver who thrives in a high growth, changing environment.
- 10 years of experience in digital role at a top-performing consumer brand.
- Demonstrated experience working as part of a global team supporting multiple languages.
- Experience with HTML, XML, DITA, Adobe Creative Suite and/or other content management systems (CMS).
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.