When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Maintenance and Repair look after Deliveroo's restaurant equipment. They are the team to troubleshoot the problems, provide fixes and get our restaurants back up and running in double quick time. Restaurants rely on our equipment to do orders so the team is at the forefront of this technology and providing the best service for our restaurant partners is of the utmost importance.
We are looking for an associate to join our team and help support restaurants with technical problems they are having. The job will be primarily phone based, using remote technology try and diagnose what the issue is and help restaurants solve their problems as quickly as possible.
The job will involve liaising with both our restaurant partners and our technical team here at Deliveroo, keeping them updated with any recurring issues.
This is a busy, fun and fast paced team with plenty of room for the right candidate to develop and learn.
- The right candidate will have a good technical mind and an ability to understand complex technical issues.
- Previous experience working in a technical environment is essential, and experience working with phones or tablets would be ideal.
- This is a busy job with demands coming from all sides, so the candidate should be extremely organised, good under pressure and happy dealing with multiple requests and prioritising them as necessary.
- A charming phone manner is essential to the job, and a fluency in both Chinese and English is required.
- Experience using Salesforce would be a bonus but not essential.
- We’re a rapidly growing start-up operating across the globe
- You’ll have real impact in revolutionising the food delivery space
- HUGE office lunches on Fridays and a continuous stream of food throughout the week!
- Subsidised gym membership and a Cycle to Work scheme to cancel out the above (among other benefits)
- Our culture is energetic and entrepreneurial: we’re passionate about enabling everyone to have impact on the company’s growth and evolution, and having a lot of fun along the way
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.