Changing the way the world thinks about food delivery is what we’re all about. That’s why we love bringing amazing restaurant food to people like you – whether it’s juicy burgers, fiery curries or fresh poké bowls.
It’s been been a whirlwind of a journey since our launch in 2013 – we’re now in 12 countries and over 200 cities, with stylish headquarters based in the heart of London.
As a food obsessed, friendly bunch, we enjoy brainstorming ideas to solve business challenges – and we’re not afraid of making great ones happen fast.
Deliveroo is the fastest growing tech companies and one of Europe’s biggest tech success stories. We’re backed by US funding giants like Fidelity, Index Ventures and T Rowe Price, who have previously bet on the likes of Amazon, Facebook, Airbnb, Snap and Tesla.
As a Sales Development Rep in our newly formed remote sales team, you’ll be on the frontline of driving double digit growth in the UK market.
You’ll help hunt down the most popular local restaurants, seek to understand their business, and use your ninja phone negotiation skills to convince them why they need to join us in our mission to change the landscape of the food industry.
40% of S&P 500 CEOs come from sales and marketing backgrounds. For the right candidate, this position has strong opportunity for progression within the company and will jump-start a successful career within the tech space.
Whilst we've grown enormously over the past 4 years, we’ve still got a move-fast, take ownership mentality. As part of a newly formed team, you’ll have a chance to shape the sales execution of 2-billion-dollar company.
- Restaurant acquisition: You’ll be responsible for the prospecting, pitching and, with the help of our expert Business DevelopmentManagers (BDMs), closing new restaurants in your territory. This is an inside sales opportunity, so you’ll be comfortable with ambitious activity targets for cold calls, emails and social media.
- Own your pipeline: Take control over your own pipeline and use your organisation skills to manage your portfolio of leads and ensure strong conversion rates.
- Process Strategy: Iterate with our sales processes to make our inside sales unit the fastest-moving and biggest impact team within Deliveroo.
- Commercial Initiatives: Assist our wider commercial team with ad-hoc strategic initiatives like field pitch days, restaurant marketing roll-outs, and cross-functional projects
The right candidate will be hungry, ambitious and motivated to work within a fast moving environment. As a guide, the ideal person will possess the following:
(Remember, this is just a guide, and if you see something you can’t tick off… good, you can learn here)
- A degree (this is a great role for recent grads with an entrepreneurial mindset)
- Experience within a fast moving sales environment, and if not;
- Experience and confidence pitching things you’re passionate about (in your first week, we’ll test your metal by seeing how you fare pitching Deliveroo to the guys that started it)
- Phone-based experience is a big plus
- Ability to take ownership and work within demanding targets
- An interest in all things food and restaurants. Deliveroo is a company of people unapologetically passionate about what they do – if you’re not into food, you soon will be.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.