Changing the way the world thinks about food delivery is what we’re all about. That’s why we love bringing amazing restaurant food to people like you – whether it’s juicy burgers, fiery curries or fresh poké bowls.
It’s been been a whirlwind of a journey since our launch in 2013 – we’re now in 12 countries and over 200 cities, with stylish headquarters based in the heart of London and a local Irish office in Dublin city centre.
As a food obsessed, friendly bunch, we enjoy brainstorming ideas to solve business challenges – and we’re not afraid of making great ones happen fast.
The Area Manager is responsible for managing a team of in-market reps to ensure riders get the best onboarding experience possible as well as providing the eyes and ears on the ground. These invaluable insights then support the local Operations team to build the best possible delivery network. The Area Manager role reports into the Operations Manager of Ireland.
- Hiring, coaching and performance management of on-the-ground operations teams across the island of Ireland
- Training the team on operational processes and ensuring consistent, high-quality execution
- Implementing new processes and managing change in a way that ensures adoption and success whilst proactively identifying opportunities to streamline
- Spending time in-market with your teams to assess their professional development and improve local operations
- Providing local input into rider onboarding practices to help optimise the process and deliver a great rider experience
- Providing regular competitor intelligence findings for each of your markets
- Drive and support rider engagement strategy, implementing innovative ways to support and encourage a positive rider community in-market
- Maintain robust understanding of how the rest of the business works and how your function plays it part
- Proven track record of people management, motivation and development, especially when not operating face-to-face
- Demonstrated clear and effective communication skills
- When necessary comfortable speaking in front of a crowd
- Able to report on regional activities and trends in a quantitative manner, using data and insights to support intuition and qualitative feedback
- Entrepreneurial mindset, ability to see both the problem and the solution.
- Have a real impact at Europe’s fastest-growing start-up which is revolutionising the food delivery space.
- Work with people who love what they do every day.
- Access to our benefits scheme which includes subsidised gym memberships and no delivery charges when you order food from the platform with Deliveroo Plus.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.