Changing the way the world thinks about food delivery is what we’re all about. That’s why we love bringing amazing restaurant food to people like you – whether it’s juicy burgers, fiery curries or fresh poké bowls.
It’s been been a whirlwind of a journey since our launch in 2013 – we’re now in 12 countries and over 200 cities, with stylish headquarters based in the heart of London.
As a food obsessed, friendly bunch, we enjoy brainstorming ideas to solve business challenges – and we’re not afraid of making great ones happen fast.
- Optimising the end-to-end Rider Supply conversion funnel in UK
- Managing relationships with third parties to unlock supply (e.g., Zego, Onfido, scooter rental) and integrating partnerships into supply processes
- Developing city-level interventions and improvement plans
- Developing a cadence of continuous innovation
- Capturing and responding to Rider needs/feedback and Competitor benchmarking through process improvements/innovation
- Working with Tech. to help drive tools improvements and automation
- Reviewing and optimising processes from Rider sign up to activation - create processes that streamline our operations and deliver a great rider experience
- Building and testing new onboarding models - help craft experiments and models to be piloted throughout the UK to determine optimal supply processes for Deliveroo
- Managing partnerships that unlock supply - work with third party tech providers and other relevant companies that make it easier for new riders to join (e.g., insurance and vehicle providers)
- Improving the effectiveness of conversion processes - whether it’s improving our comms or offering targeted incentives, increase conversion rates at every step
- Using analytics to improve processes - identify bottlenecks and points of inefficiency, A/B test alternatives to come up with sound recommendations
- Target setting and ensuring we hit supply targets in all markets - by monitoring every stage of supply processes to ensure we have the right size fleet in every market. Develop market-level intervention plans where needed
- Providing input for product, comms and other HQ central departments – working with all the supporting departments to ensure both the team has their needs catered for, and they are coordinated with upcoming changes to product, processes and strategy
- Continuously identifying opportunities for improvement – e.g. improving conversion communications, conversion incentives, on-boarding methods
- Competitor benchmarking- create process for continuous benchmarking and implementing processes/changes to deliver best-in-class Rider experience, efficiency and cost to support growth
- Analytical and strategic – able to ‘think big’ as well as execute ‘on-the-fly’ via understanding the dynamics of our business.
- Effective communicator - outstanding interpersonal and business skills. Able to quickly establish gravitas and credibility with a range of stakeholders.
- Track record of ‘getting shit done’ - operational knowledge of the business and how it works today. Know when you have enough insight to make-a-call and apply the 80 / 20 rule – rapid high quality decisions.
- Adaptable Fixer - enthusiastic, flexible & adaptable with the ability to remove barriers & bottlenecks via facilitation, creativity & resourcefulness. Don’t slavishly follow processes if they aren’t right.
- Can build “stuff” - approaches, processes, tools and structured change methodologies.
- Coach – able to coach and engage others so they can effectively prepare and lead their teams through change.
- Project Management – know the basics of managing multiple projects in a structured and logical way.
- Managing and leading a team with a diverse skillset – working with the heads of each department and their teams to give them guidance, direction, coaching and to drive results. Tie the strands of the department together and unite the team behind a common goal.
- Matching supply and demand – through targets and incentives.
- Fantastic exposure to scaling a tech team at a unique pace
- Work at our new headquarters right by Cannon Street Station. The office has a prayer room, nap room, onsite gym, and a rooftop garden overlooking Tower Bridge. We hold firmwide meetings on our basketball court
- Flexible working, including parent friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days - all made easy by our great use of tech including video conferencing, slack, workplace
- Maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources
- Company benefits including: discounted private healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership, cycle parking)
- Company wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises
- Regular team off-sites
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Every Friday we order lunch for everyone from restaurants on the Deliveroo platform
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-ups around.