Changing the way the world thinks about food delivery is what we’re all about. That’s why we love bringing amazing restaurant food to people like you – whether it’s juicy burgers, fiery curries or fresh poké bowls.
It’s been been a whirlwind of a journey since our launch in 2013 – we’re now in 12 countries and over 200 cities, with stylish headquarters based in the heart of London.
As a food obsessed, friendly bunch, we enjoy brainstorming ideas to solve business challenges – and we’re not afraid of making great ones happen fast.
Deliveroo is looking for an innovative, bright, and enthusiastic individual to help build and lead our Global Learning and Development team.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience leading and developing people; creating customer service training programs from scratch; be well versed in quality assurance practices and processes; have project management experience; know what it takes to build and maintain an awesome work culture, and love customer service more than chocolate (or any other vice).
Reporting to the Global Head of Customer Care, this position requires a go-getter spirit, the ability to work independently, and experience working with and managing a remote group. Because this is a shiny new role, we’re looking for someone an ability to have an immediate impact. Our department is fast-paced and ever-changing so the right candidate will be energized by the challenge that this presents. Got what it takes for the job? Read on …
- Put the customer at the center of everything we do
- Develop and implement a strategic vision for the Learning and Development organization
- Lead, manage, and develop a team dedicated to improving employee engagement, work culture, and supporting the learning and development philosophy
- Take ownership of Customer Care training, policy and procedure, and quality teams locally, remotely, and through outsourced partnerships.
- Develop new innovative ways to incorporate learning and foster employee development within the Customer Care team
- Work with our business partners to ensure we recruit, train, and on-board the right candidates for our contact centers
- Introduce oversight for all Customer Care incentive and recognition programs
- Be a champion for the brand voice by ensuring consistency across all customer touch points within Customer Care
- Take responsibility for the design and implementation of a policy and procedure documentation process to ensure departmental consistency
- Provide regular feedback to the Customer Care Leadership team on all learning and development topics
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5-7 years managing trainers and/or quality teams
- Experience with adult education a plus
- Extensive experience working within a customer service centric atmosphere
- Strong organizational skills and excellent follow-through
- Experience in project management
- Inspirational leader and motivator
- Experience building, leading and mentoring a team
- Strong leadership skills
- Experience creating a scalable training curriculum
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communicator
- Work at our new headquarters right by Cannon Street Station. The office has a prayer room, nap room, onsite gym, and a rooftop garden overlooking Tower Bridge. We hold firmwide meetings on our basketball court
- Flexible working, including parent friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days - all made easy by our great use of tech including video conferencing, slack, workplace
- Maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources
- Company benefits including: discounted private healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, cycle to work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership, cycle parking)
- Company wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises
- Regular team off-sites
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Every Friday we order lunch for everyone from restaurants on the Deliveroo platform
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.