Changing the way the world thinks about food delivery is what we’re all about. That’s why we love bringing amazing restaurant food to people like you – whether it’s juicy burgers, fiery curries or fresh poké bowls.
It’s been been a whirlwind of a journey since our launch in 2013 – we’re now in 12 countries and over 200 cities, with stylish headquarters based in the heart of London.
As a food obsessed, friendly bunch, we enjoy brainstorming ideas to solve business challenges – and we’re not afraid of making great ones happen fast.
You have strong technical skills and are a creative, highly motivated individual who relishes working in a fast-paced environment whilst focusing on driving business growth. You'll be a key partner to other data scientists in our Business Intelligence verticals - Service, Delivery, Marketing & Engagement, Selection & Pricing, Performance and Competition - to achieve our goal: feed people 3 times a day.
- A change champion to have a strategic impact- You will partner with product teams, data engineering and analytics team to drive data quality standards and guidelines to improve the trust levels of the data.
- Excellent design thinking skills to to build unique data products to improve trust, speed and awareness in the organisation
- Excellent SQL skills and an understanding of database structure
- Experience with data visualisation tools such as Tableau, Looker, or Periscope
- Excellent people skills — you’ll be partnering with stakeholders to translate business needs into technical requirements
- 4-5 years experience in a previous business analysis, data science, data, engineering or analytics role
- Always curious and willing to learn new skills
- A problem solver with a deep analytical mindset
- A critical thinker with very strong attention to detail
- Python or R and its application in data analysis (majority python based stack)
- Software engineering development
- Machine learning
- Experience in logistic or delivery areas
- Change management
- Fantastic exposure to scaling a tech team at a unique pace
- Work at our headquarters right by Cannon Street Station. The office has a prayer room, nap room, onsite gym, and a rooftop garden overlooking Tower Bridge. We hold firmwide meetings on our basketball court
- Flexible working, including parent friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days - all made easy by our great use of tech including video conferencing, slack, workplace
- Maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources
- Company benefits including: discounted private healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, cycle to work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership, cycle parking)
- Company wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises
- Regular team off-sites
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Every Friday we order lunch for everyone from restaurants on the Deliveroo platform
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.