Changing the way the world thinks about food delivery is what we’re all about. That’s why we love bringing amazing restaurant food to people like you – whether it’s juicy burgers, fiery curries or fresh poké bowls.
It’s been been a whirlwind of a journey since our launch in 2013 – we’re now in 12 countries and over 200 cities, with stylish headquarters based in the heart of London.
As a food obsessed, friendly bunch, we enjoy brainstorming ideas to solve business challenges – and we’re not afraid of making great ones happen fast.
At Deliveroo we’re striving to build London’s best engineering organisation.
We’re dedicated to building a collaborative and supportive culture. We are not directive. We set goals and objectives and offer advice. We empower our engineers to find solutions to problems at the edge of computer science at great scale. We trust them to use their time wisely.
Our teams are solving unique and difficult problems at scale in an energetic and hyper-growth environment. We’re growing incredibly quickly and we need experienced technical managers to help us scale.
- Manage data warehouse plans for a product or a group of products.
- Interface with engineers, product managers and product analysts to understand data needs.
- Build data expertise and own data quality for allocated areas of ownership.
- Design, build and launch new data pipelines in production.
- Design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation and loading processes in production.
- Support existing processes running in production.
- Define and manage SLA for all data sets in allocated areas of ownership.
- Work with data infrastructure to triage infra issues and drive to resolution
- Strong background in Data and analytics engineering, managing teams of data engineers, BI engineers & Data Scientists
- 4+ years of experience in BI and Data Warehousing/Data lake
- Experience building end-to-end data solutions and pipelines.
- Experience working with engineering teams with data and data science background
- Communication and leadership skills, with the ability to initiate and drive projects proactively.
- Strong Data architecture skills.
- Experience in SQL or similar languages and development experience in at least one object-oriented language (Python, Perl, Java, etc.).
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or other technical field.
- Experience building analytical datasets (dimensional models, datamarts)
- Experience working with streaming data sources (e.g Kinesis or Kafka)
- Fantastic exposure to scaling a tech team at a unique pace
- Work at our headquarters right by Cannon Street Station. The office has a prayer room, nap room, onsite gym, and a rooftop garden overlooking Tower Bridge. We hold firmwide meetings on our basketball court
- Flexible working, including parent friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days - all made easy by our great use of tech including video conferencing, slack, workplace
- Maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources
- Company benefits including: discounted private healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, cycle to work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership, cycle parking)
- Company wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises
- Regular team off-sites
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Every Friday we order lunch for everyone from restaurants on the Deliveroo platform
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.