When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
At Deliveroo we’re striving to build London’s best engineering organisation.
We’re dedicated to building a collaborative and supportive culture. We are not directive. We set goals and objectives and offer advice. We empower our engineers to find solutions to problems at the edge of computer science at great scale. We trust them to use their time wisely.
Our teams are solving unique and difficult problems at scale in an energetic and hyper-growth environment. We’re growing incredibly quickly and we need experienced technical managers to help us scale.
We’re looking for engineering managers at all levels of experience from managing one or two teams (10-12 people) to directing at a group level (25 people and up).
- Be a partner for the product teams to define critical analytical problems and find innovative solutions to build data transformations that are optimal
- Build a high-quality architecture for Data lake (structured and unstructured) that is scalable and flexible. Define and execute the technical plan to achieve that vision in a rapidly changing environment.
- Develop high-impact pipelines to build visibility, trust and awareness about the quality of data and constantly improve it through automation
- Take data quality to heart - Steering bugs, investigations, root cause analysis and being responsible for resolution. Drive data quality across the product vertical and related business areas
- Review the code related to BI/Analytics engineering before moving the code to production.
- Coach the data teams on the best practices and standards while work with data tables and transformations.
- Drive and partner with other engineering managers to design, building, and launching of new data models and data pipelines in production.
- Facilitate information self-service to business users through analytic tools, dashboards and detection and alerts
- More than doubling your team size and nurturing a diverse, highly skilled group of data engineers, data scientist and QA analysts.
- Creating a learning environment for your team and act as a mentor for engineers and up and coming leaders within your group
- Working with your team and colleagues right across the company to formulate team goals and then support your team in succeeding against them.
- Becoming instrumental in improving and implementing processes and values that help us continue to be effective as the company scales.
- A strong communicator with the business acumen to own stakeholder relationships directly
- Proven leadership skills as line manager to a team of at least 5 engineers.
- Analytical mindset to bring together engineering solutions and business impact and have autonomy in managing cross-functional projects
- Investigate code, pay attention to the details and can make a conscious effort to understand causes instead of just the effects. Able to thrive in an environment with continuous integration, automated code reviews
Comfortable with ambiguity; able to thrive with minimal oversight and process
Strong experience in data modelling and data pipeline design and implementation, data analysis, reporting & visualisation (e.g. Looker, Tableau)
- Your style is collaborative and supportive rather than directive. You set goals and objectives and offer advice rather than doing the work yourself or dealing out task lists to your team.
- You have experience building a team. You’re a natural recruiter.
- Strong SQL skills and knowledge and familiarity with SQL refactoring and other distributed data stores (Hadoop, S3, Presto, Hive & Spark, SQL, NoSQL, RDBMS).
- Requirement analysis and project management ; experience in documenting technical standards and guidelines
- Experience in data integration, data quality and data migration
- Experience in Python/Java
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes in micro-service development and deployment
- BS degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or related quantitative field
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.