Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We are the leading food delivery company in 200 cities in 12 countries, and are growing fast. We are backed by over $1 billion in capital from top global investors.
We solve complex problems at Deliveroo: in real time, we connect millions of customers with 50,000 restaurants and riders to deliver food in under 30 minutes. And we constantly innovate: whether it means investing in bespoke super-kitchens to host our restaurant partners in new areas they wouldn’t venture into, launching a marketplace+ model to allow restaurant partners to use their own fleet of riders or Deliveroo’s fleet, or setting up a food purchasing ecosystem to allow our partners to leverage purchasing scale.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast paced and determined to build the definitive good company of the future.
Without our world-class restaurant partners there is no Deliveroo. We pride ourselves in involving our partners in our business, and great communication between us is one of the key ways we ensure we continue to offer restaurants a great experience with Deliveroo. That’s why we’re looking for a hungry Restaurant Communications Manager to manage and grow the way we communicate with our restaurant partners.
- Strategy, planning and execution of all restaurant communications projects
- Owning, designing and maintaining all restaurant communications channels (including our blogs, help-centres and email channels - restaurant’s key sources of information)
- Shaping the way we talk with restaurants on a daily basis
- Ensuring all communications to restaurants are clear, consistent, informative and reflect our company mission and policies
- Designing and executing communications plans for complex global change projects
- How we communicate with restaurants at every stage of their journey with Deliveroo - from onboarding throughout their time on our platform
- Strong understanding of the restaurant industry and the issues of greatest important to restaurants
- 4+ years experience in a corporate communications, internal / stakeholder communications or content role
- Experience leading communications for major change programmes is essential (on a multinational scale is desirable)
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills with great attention to detail
- Ability to communicate, contribute and present at all levels
- Experience in fast-paced working environments
Nice to haves
- Experience within a restaurant / restaurant group communications or content team
- Additional languages
- Media handling training or experience
- Work at our new headquarters right by Cannon Street Station. The office has a prayer room, nap room, onsite gym, and a rooftop garden overlooking Tower Bridge. We hold firmwide meetings on our basketball court
- Flexible working, including parent friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days - all made easy by our great use of tech including video conferencing, slack, workplace
- Maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources
- Company benefits including: discounted private healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership, cycle parking)
- Company wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises
- Regular team off-sites
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Every Friday we order lunch for everyone from restaurants on the Deliveroo platform
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.