Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We are the leading food delivery company in 200 cities in 12 countries, and are growing fast. We are backed by over $1 billion in capital from top global investors.
We solve complex problems at Deliveroo: in real time, we connect millions of customers with 50,000 restaurants and riders to deliver food in under 30 minutes. And we constantly innovate: whether it means investing in bespoke super-kitchens to host our restaurant partners in new areas they wouldn’t venture into, launching a marketplace+ model to allow restaurant partners to use their own fleet of riders or Deliveroo’s fleet, or setting up a food purchasing ecosystem to allow our partners to leverage purchasing scale.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast paced and determined to build the definitive good company of the future.
We work with over 35,000 riders across 12 markets.
Giving riders the information to make the most from riding with Deliveroo is key to how we build and deliver a great service, globally.
Working in an extremely fast paced environment, this role is key to how to share clear and effective updates with riders - leading the introduction of new tools and processes to make sure that Deliveroo is always the best company to ride with.
Working closely across HQ tech, operations and communications teams and reporting to the Head of Stakeholder Communications, you will be responsible for:
- Strategy, planning and execution of all rider communications projects
- Designing and executing against communications plans for complex global change projects
- Ensuring all communications to riders are clear, consistent, informative and reflective of our company mission and policies
- Communications to riders at every stage of their journey with Deliveroo from onboarding throughout their time riding with us
- 4+ years experience in a corporate or stakeholder communications role
- Experience leading communications for major change programmes at a regional and ideally global level is essential
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills with great attention to detail
- Ability to communicate, contribute and present at all levels
- Experience in fast-paced environments
- A self-starter that’s comfortable with constant change
Nice to haves
- Additional languages
- Project management, events planning, or equivalent experience
- Media handling training or experience
- Work at our new headquarters right by Cannon Street Station. The office has a prayer room, nap room, onsite gym, and a rooftop garden overlooking Tower Bridge. We hold firmwide meetings on our basketball court
- Flexible working, including parent friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days - all made easy by our great use of tech including video conferencing, slack, workplace
- Maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources
- Company benefits including: discounted private healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership, cycle parking)
- Company wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises
- Regular team off-sites
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Every Friday we order lunch for everyone from restaurants on the Deliveroo platform
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.