Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team has taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free for all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 150 cities.
We are looking for a highly talented Regional Manager to join our team. This is a rare opportunity to become a critical member of a rapidly growing, well-funded startup. The ideal candidate would be a natural leader of people with excellent managerial and motivational skills.
As a leader in the business you will also be responsible for growing the team and growing Deliveroo across Australia. Your role will include the following:
- Reporting directly to the Commercial Director
- Working closely with the Commercial Director and other Regional Managers around the planning and rollout of our commercial strategy in Australia
- Implement strategies to drive revenue and ultimately business growth
- Oversee the sales and account management departments in your region running your teams in a very structured and methodical manner achieving commercial objectives
- Oversee the operations and marketing efforts in your region and taking ownership and drive operations and marketing initiatives that will positively effect your region achieving commercial objectives
- Facilitate and lead meetings with high profile F&B groups
- Motivate your regional team to hit aggressive targets
- Interpreting market trends and adapting to industry changes
- Handling a variety of secondary projects for the business
This role will be based in Melbourne and you will report directly to the Commercial Director
For this role you need to be tenacious, sophisticated and have the following skill set:
- 3+ years work experience in national commercial functions
- Strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Recent experience leading a team;
- Entrepreneurial skills and a natural ability to spot opportunities for revenue generation;
- History of exceeding revenue targets;
- Exhibit the ability to self-motivate and to motivate teams;
- Relevant restaurant industry experience and in depth knowledge of market is a plus;
- Experience in a high-growth business environment or start-up a plus.
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- BIG Friday lunches – Deliveroo'd to the office of course!
- Weekly Exercise class to counteract all the amazing food!
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.